Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much physics do you study in the BTEC Applied Science watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm Homeschooled studying for IGCSE's

The Science IGCSE's i'm doing are Biology, Human Biology and Chemistry

Tried KS3 Physics... HATED IT, Haven't picked it for igcse..

.. Always wondered about BTEC Level3 Applied Science ( maybe alongside a Science A-Level) but heard you had to study Physics aswell

I'm wondering how much because if it's a little then OK if it's alot then no...

If it's more Biology and Chemistry then i'll love it <3

Is it good? Anyone currently studying it?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bumpp

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    no one at all????

ReputationRep:
    Is this the forensics applied science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebeccalouise15)
    Is this the forensics applied science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BTEC Extended Diploma Applied Science nowhere near me does the Forensic I think

Isn't there two ? Medical Applied Science and then just Applied Science?

ReputationRep:
    I think there is only one out right physics unit which is 'Medical Physics Techniques' but on top of that there are a few maths and electronics units but it all depends what 18 units your college chooses from the course bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    I think there is only one out right physics unit which is 'Medical Physics Techniques' but on top of that there are a few maths and electronics units but it all depends what 18 units your college chooses from the course bank
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    If it's more Biology and Chemistry then i'll love it
    The amount of Chemistry & Biology content far outweighs the amount of Physics involved, but it does depend on what units are chosen.

I did have a list of all available units, but I can't seem to find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    BTEC Extended Diploma Applied Science nowhere near me does the Forensic I think

Isn't there two ? Medical Applied Science and then just Applied Science?
    Btw you can do:
    Externded Diploma Applied Science
    Externded Diploma Applied Science (forensic science)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(medical science)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied biology)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied chemistry)
    Or
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied physics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    Btw you can do:
    Externded Diploma Applied Science
    Externded Diploma Applied Science (forensic science)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(medical science)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied biology)
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied chemistry)
    Or
    Externded Diploma Applied Science(applied physics)

Ok

ReputationRep:
    In my last year in applied science finishing soon, we started with medical science, forensic science then medical physics (now) the physics is hard but its not really that much compared to the rest it, the maths of the physics is a killer trust meee

ReputationRep:
    I did that back in the days. There wasn't a lot, to be honest. More physiology and chemistry.

And if you have distinction on everything else, you can get away with just getting Pass or Merit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    I did that back in the days. There wasn't a lot, to be honest. More physiology and chemistry.

And if you have distinction on everything else, you can get away with just getting Pass or Merit.

Must of changed then cause i do more chemistry and physics now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordyweird)
    In my last year in applied science finishing soon, we started with medical science, forensic science then medical physics (now) the physics is hard but its not really that much compared to the rest it, the maths of the physics is a killer trust meee
    I thought medical science was a different type of BTEC Applied Science, same with Forensic BTEC, colleges around me offer forensic and medical and then just normal applied science, you have to choose one ?

Must of changed then cause i do more chemistry and physics now
    What year are you in? First or Second? because if there's alot of Physics then i'm backing off.

(Original post by catsis)

Ah okay that's good

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in? First or Second? because if there's alot of Physics then i'm backing off.
    Second year waiting to go university and no you don't pick one it's either the college does or BTEC does. but the college i go is messed up, they all pick optional units, so it depends on the teachers you have like one of mine loves physics so we do loads of physics, don't worry though just make friends with the smart people thats what i did hahaha-.-

ReputationRep:
    Second year waiting to go university and no you don't pick one it's either the college does or BTEC does. but the college i go is messed up, they all pick optional units, so it depends on the teachers you have like one of mine loves physics so we do loads of physics, don't worry though just make friends with the smart people thats what i did hahaha-.-
    I meant that the colleges around me offer different forms of applied science, some offer applied science and medical science, some same thing but forensic science or all three like there's BTEC Sport or BTEC Sport Science or BTEC Sports Performance they are not the same BTEC they are BTEC Sports but different forms of BTEC Sport, thought it was the same for science?....

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.