Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm scared of living things that with 1,3 and more than 5 legs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Ever been out to sea so that you can't touch the floor, and can't see it? That's one of my biggest fears ever. Floating on the surface of really deep, cold water, not knowing what's under me. It freaks me out sooooo badly!!!
    Also being suffocated in any way, which includes being buried alive.
    Uh huh! I think that may be why I have a fear of heights over water and not over land. We have a resort type swimming area here, called Raystown lake, apparently the area used to be a small town, or so people say, it got flooded when the raystown damn broke years and years ago, any way they say the houses are still down there under the water. I first heard the story when I was 13 and we had the boat out in deep water and were in swimming along side. **** I couldn't get out of the water fast enough. I've been freaked out ever since, I can't stand the thought of not knowing what is below me, Oh and to make it even worse theres these tales of a huge fish in the lake amoungst the local fishermen.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I fear being trapped. Not being able to move, not being able to see. A scenario like being buried alive for example...*SHIVER*

ReputationRep:
    5 entries found for phobia.
    pho·bi·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fb-)
    n.

1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

Just to remind people here; being buried alive, suffocation, etc. DO NOT COUNT AS PHOBIAS! Do you think any of us would not dislike being buried alive!? That's a rational fear, not a phobia.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of social situations such as crowds or speaking to people.

ReputationRep:
    Wooden chip forks, the feel of that on teeth. ughh

ReputationRep:
    I get sooooooooooooo scared and nervous when i cut my nails

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't call it a phobia (I can handle it!!) but I really don't like woodlice - it's slightly irrational.

ReputationRep:
    My phobia is becoming middle aged. Anything up to 40 and beyond 60 is fine, its just the 20 years in between.

However, I've devised a plan to avoid those 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Wouldn't call it a phobia (I can handle it!!) but I really don't like woodlice - it's slightly irrational.
    I cant believe you just said that. My biology assignment is on them! yuk! I have to spend all this time looking at the little buggers. I was in class right and i said to my teacher that they are ugly, he said "no they are cute" and im like, "no, no sir you dont get it, Kittens are cute! not woodlice!"

ReputationRep:
    im scare of pointy and hot things. If i c a knife lying on the about somewhere in the kitchen i think it gonna fly at me especially at my neck i have to grab it and put it in a draw.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, nothing at all really.

ReputationRep:
    because i hate mosquito

ReputationRep:
    Bananas!! they are just about bearable peeled but unpeeled I can't stand them. My psychology teacher said it was something to do with penis envy but I think its cos they are disgusting and evil.

ReputationRep:
    Spiders and snakes, oh and being high up on thin, unstable structures- a huge top floor building i would be alright with but tightrope walking for example i would be petrefied of!

Lou
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanna15)
    hiya does anyone have a particular thing the cant stand or a habit they want to get rid of? what is it? im soo scared of bulls! and my habit is biting my nails, i really must stop!!
    Dogs :mad:

ReputationRep:
    the thought of scratching my teeth or filing them.
    elbows, i cant stand touching them or anyone touching mine
    i dont like touching blokes adams apples.
    birds. yuck
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    hardly anything written here is a true phobia. heres one for you: I am absolutly terrified of balloons and dwarves. Either is enough to send me into a panic attack, cause me to cry or blackout from fear. I can't even stand across the street from said things. If they are in my line of vision, no matter how far away I panic. For me to even contemplate holding a balloon or touching one is out of the question. Its my birthday today and there are no balloons anywhere. If someone pops a balloon within earshot I become inconsolable. No idea why I have these phobias, as I have never once had a bad experience. Its just something my mind tells me to be afraid of.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.