Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im in my first year if uni and im failing I haven't handed in a piece of course work and I accidentally missed an exam. Im so scared I don't know what to do, I worked so hard to uni, do you guys think I'll get kicked out or not be allowed to do resit?

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your personal tutor / course advisor immediately - they are the only ones who will know this for your university.

I won't speculate, as I simply don't know. As a first year I'd imagine you will be able to resit, but it really depends on the university.

Far more importantly, what happened? I can understand accidentally missing an exam (though you can't do this again), but why didn't you hand the coursework in? Was it the difficulty? Have you spoken to anyone?

Find out who your point of contact at the university is (you will have one), and e-mail them to organise a meeting as soon as you can. It might be possible to transfer to a different course if you really aren't getting on with yours. Meanwhile, do the very best you can, and you can't do more than that.

Good luck. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embarrassment)
    Hi im in my first year if uni and im failing I haven't handed in a piece of course work and I accidentally missed an exam. Im so scared I don't know what to do, I worked so hard to uni, do you guys think I'll get kicked out or not be allowed to do resit?
    What course and what uni? Missing an exam is treated as serious breach of policy by a university without good reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.