Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I had my first girlfriend when I was 13. I remember her who was insanely in love with me first, I was never really interested in her that much but so I agreed to be together just to make her a little happy. Things came out quite fun, although I was really stupid back then and I didn't know how to be a boyfriend, but she enjoyed spending time with me - I guess we were just kids. Continuing, my first kiss was with her and I mean like a proper kiss, adult kiss. Days later I was told by my parents that we are moving out from my home country forever, to live in another.

I was too young to understand the situation back then, and when I finally left I didn't really miss her, didn't even talk to her afterwards. I have no idea how she went through it, probably it wasn't nice. At the age of 15, I came back to her on summer holidays, we were together once more although I was changed, lost and shy - someone totally different to her, not the person she expected so she told me she was mistaken with me. Understandable and I know why, she had reasons, I wasn't myself.

Years later, I have realised that she is someone ideal. She is an example of how my new girlfriend should be like more or less. She was the one I could easily fall in love and be safe with. She defined my ideal woman. Something very strange to admit actually, but I cannot lie about this I need to say it. When I noticed last night that she has broke up with her boyfriend a few months back I thought I could ask how she is, as recently she likes my posts on Facebook for some reason. She is a very kind, friendly and warm person. Honest, and real, we both were hurt in a similar way, she is just like me. Even though it's been 7 years and she might be someone else now I have these random feelings about her.

This is crazy and sad I have to admit. Weirdest thing is that I am now in a fresh relationship and honestly saying I would give it up for her any time.

This isn't healthy to think about, right? I just want an opinion on this. Thank you.

Not healthy at all
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.