The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Thread Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfully
it can do but universities don't tend to have admissions working on weekends so chances of them giving you an offer is pretty low!

you can receive an offer on Friday and have track update on Saturday or something though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's probably it
nice, you're killing it! where from?

thanks! Nottingham
Original post by Yorkshire_Lad
Congrats. Where from and have you decided where to firm/insure yet?

Thank you! Bristol, Leeds + Now Nottingham. Unsure where I'm firming yet but leaning towards Leeds. Not sure about insurance, what is the point in insuring if all offers are AAA? I mean, do some unis accept you with A*AB for example?
Original post by lulagirl15
Thank you! Bristol, Leeds + Now Nottingham. Unsure where I'm firming yet but leaning towards Leeds. Not sure about insurance, what is the point in insuring if all offers are AAA? I mean, do some unis accept you with A*AB for example?

wohoo im from bristol too xD
Original post by lulagirl15

some unis if you performed well at the interview will even let you in with AAB -my friend got into medicine last year with AAB although it was his firm so i don't know if that fully answers your question on whether insuring a university is pointless
some unis if you performed well at the interview will even let you in with AAB -my friend got into medicine last year with AAB although it was his firm so i don't know if that fully answers your question on whether insuring a university is pointless

Out of curiousity what uni did he go to?
Original post by JMJ_1996
Out of curiousity what uni did he go to?

UCL
UCL

Wow that's so impressive as it's A*AA

They only changed it to A*AA last year and it was AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA was only bought in this year as mentioned above

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thank you thats really good to know. Bristol give away places of the people who didn't get the grades to others on results day so I guess it wouldn't be wise to insure them, will probably insure Nottingham in that case
Must be nice having a firm and insurance med school
Original post by curtis110
Must be nice having a firm and insurance med school

I know right! I'm just hoping I get one offer!
Got my 3rd offer today from UEA :biggrin:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Got my 3rd offer today from UEA :biggrin:

Where do you think you'll firm?
How old will you be if you start uni this September? I'll only turn 18 in August, but have heard Medical students have a slightly older average age than other courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
That's probably because compared to other courses there's a higher proportion of grads and mature non-grads that do the undergrad degree. Or that the grads and non grads are just a lot older :wink: but surely the majority will still be Y13 leavers and gap year people, given that most undergrad courses have a set number of grad and/or mature places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
How old will you be if you start uni this September? I'll only turn 18 in August, but have heard Medical students have a slightly older average age than other courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where do you think you'll firm?

Exeter (AAA)! They've been my favourite since I went to the open day last year. Then Keele will be my insurance as they'll accept either AAA or A*AB so I figured I'd kick myself if I came out with A*AB and hadn't insuranced Keele! But I feel really bad about declining UEA as I loved it there as well. Wish I could go to all of them to be honest! :colondollar:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Exeter (AAA)! They've been my favourite since I went to the open day last year. Then Keele will be my insurance as they'll accept either AAA or A*AB so I figured I'd kick myself if I came out with A*AB and hadn't insuranced Keele! But I feel really bad about declining UEA as I loved it there as well. Wish I could go to all of them to be honest! :colondollar:

Haha ah I see! Well very happy for you, I'm sure you'll have such a great time wherever you go. Exeter looked lovely when I visited

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending