Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me with offers! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, please tell me;

what should be my firm and my insurance?
    In which university will it be easier to get a 2:1?
    Where work load is manageable? i cant bear 3 to 4 hours study each day! because i need to do a job as well for fee.
    Which one employers prefer most?

Offers: i got 2 for each university!

Glasgow: AAB including maths at A-Levels ( joint honours in business and management and psychology) and (joint honours in psychology and business economics).

Strathclyde: ABB at A-levels (joint honours in psychology and HRM) and (single honours in psychology).

My preference: hrm and psychology

Confusion: Glasgow is in Russell group and more internationally recognised. I am an international student.Strathclyde is however more within uk more accredited with less burden i guess? but when i go to other countries with strath's degree it will not be much liked over glasgow?

Can i choose Strathclyde as firm even though it has lower grades requirement?

And if i choose Glasgow as firm and meet their requirements but afterwards change my mind? and vice versa for Strathclyde.

THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    You cannot change your mind on results day; if you have met the requirements of your firm then that is the one you will be accepted into. You cannot choose between your firm and insurance, regardless whether you met the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    You can chose whichever university you like as your firm, even if they ask for lower grades, although there's no much point having an insurance offering much higher grades. Most employers will be more interested in you having a 2.1 or higher than university reputation- although if the course at Strathclyde has professional accreditation, that may be valuable to some offers.

No-one will be able to tell you which university it is "easier" to get a 2.1 on, as no-one will have studied both courses at the same uni. Also, sometimes the structure of the course will affect this (e.g. if one course has more coursework, this might be harder for people who struggle with time management). Even if you chose a course you believe to be easier, there will be times when you need to study for several hours each day- especially in third year and coming up to exams. You will certainly have to do more than 3 hours a day a lot of the time, especially if you are including lectures and other contact time in this.

If you need to get a job, you will have to be good at time management in order to fit this in as well- most universities suggest that you don't work more than 12-16 hours a week in term time. If you think you would need to work for many more hours than this, you might need to reconsider how affordable it is for you to study in the UK right now.

It sort of sounds like you think getting a degree from Strathclyde will be easy and not require much work, but I am sure this is not the case. Regardless of where you study for your degree, you will have lots of studying to do and coursework to complete. If you aren't fully committed, it's unlikely you will manage to get a 2.1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earwithfeet)
    You cannot change your mind on results day; if you have met the requirements of your firm then that is the one you will be accepted into. You cannot choose between your firm and insurance, regardless whether you met the requirements.
    I am so much thankful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    You can chose whichever university you like as your firm, even if they ask for lower grades, although there's no much point having an insurance offering much higher grades. Most employers will be more interested in you having a 2.1 or higher than university reputation- although if the course at Strathclyde has professional accreditation, that may be valuable to some offers.

No-one will be able to tell you which university it is "easier" to get a 2.1 on, as no-one will have studied both courses at the same uni. Also, sometimes the structure of the course will affect this (e.g. if one course has more coursework, this might be harder for people who struggle with time management). Even if you chose a course you believe to be easier, there will be times when you need to study for several hours each day- especially in third year and coming up to exams. You will certainly have to do more than 3 hours a day a lot of the time, especially if you are including lectures and other contact time in this.

If you need to get a job, you will have to be good at time management in order to fit this in as well- most universities suggest that you don't work more than 12-16 hours a week in term time. If you think you would need to work for many more hours than this, you might need to reconsider how affordable it is for you to study in the UK right now.

It sort of sounds like you think getting a degree from Strathclyde will be easy and not require much work, but I am sure this is not the case. Regardless of where you study for your degree, you will have lots of studying to do and coursework to complete. If you aren't fully committed, it's unlikely you will manage to get a 2.1.
    I am so much thankful for the comprehensive reply. Yeah your suggestions were good and a reality. Well, i am still undecided about which one to choose. However i do some more thinking.BTW how much time do we have for decision, one of my choice is still left...no answer received as yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haris Tariq)
    I am so much thankful for the comprehensive reply. Yeah your suggestions were good and a reality. Well, i am still undecided about which one to choose. However i do some more thinking.BTW how much time do we have for decision, one of my choice is still left...no answer received as yet!
    Once your last choice has responded, you'll be given a deadline for responding to your offers. However, this deadline won't be until late spring at the earliest, so you have plenty of time still to decide.

You could try posting on each university's sub-forum to see what current students think of the course/university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    Once your last choice has responded, you'll be given a deadline for responding to your offers. However, this deadline won't be until late spring at the earliest, so you have plenty of time still to decide.

You could try posting on each university's sub-forum to see what current students think of the course/university?
    Actually i did but i will try more specifically as well. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haris Tariq)
    Actually i did but i will try more specifically as well. Thanks!
    Sorry, didn't realise you had already done this.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.