Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'll try to cut a long story short... basically I'm on my year abroad and there is only one halls company in this city, who are awful to exchange students. The first room they put me in had a wasps nest inside and I was getting bitten in bed at night. Their solution was to spray some bug spray :confused: but eventually I managed to get them to agree to move me

    The problem is they said their only free room (I'm 99% it's a lie) was in the next town over, meaning just less than an hours journey to uni every day and paying a lot more than I was before. The kitchen is shared between 60 people and the bathroom situation isn't much better.

    I was making the most of the situation but then one of my friends who lives here just told me today that she is moving out and now I'm so jealous!

    My rent finishes in July and is just over £400 a month, if I choose to move out I would have to pay nearly £1000 to terminate my contract and risk losing my security deposit (another £1000)

    I don't know if I should just stick it out in this accommodation or if I should try to find new accommodation in the city, pay loads of money to move there but perhaps ultimately be happier for my last few months here?

    Thanks so much for reading this!!
What's the best type of cheese?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.