Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have been invited to a selection day at the University of Nottingham this year. I was wondering if anyone has attended this already or a similar event and has any tips/advice?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've moved this thread to the University of Nottingham sub-forum. As you're asking a question specifically about a course at this university, it's more likely to be seen by other applicants here, and you're more likely to get useful replies.

Good luck with your selection day

ReputationRep:
    When is your selection day? I have one in march

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reebkr)
    When is your selection day? I have one in march

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Selection day 25th February, but the accommodation opens before then, so I'm worrying about that!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bmjordan)
    Selection day 25th February, but the accommodation opens before then, so I'm worrying about that!
    Hey! Mine's on the 11th of March so I wouldn't worry too much about accommodation, everyone should get a flat and most of the time they should prioritise Nursing and Midwifery students because of the demands of shift work At your interview just ask about the accommodation or give them a ring if you're that worried

My sister is doing Vet Med at Nottingham and (although it's different departments) she said all the staff there were really helpful. It's a very 'student centred' university so I'm hoping the selection day is just as relaxed as hers was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Hey! Mine's on the 11th of March so I wouldn't worry too much about accommodation, everyone should get a flat and most of the time they should prioritise Nursing and Midwifery students because of the demands of shift work At your interview just ask about the accommodation or give them a ring if you're that worried

My sister is doing Vet Med at Nottingham and (although it's different departments) she said all the staff there were really helpful. It's a very 'student centred' university so I'm hoping the selection day is just as relaxed as hers was.
    Pheew, that's good to hear, thank you! I'm sure I'm worrying a bit too much, but it's good to hear they take us into consideration too. I'll be sure to ask at my selection day. Thanks again
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bmjordan)
    Pheew, that's good to hear, thank you! I'm sure I'm worrying a bit too much, but it's good to hear they take us into consideration too. I'll be sure to ask at my selection day. Thanks again
    No problem, all the best for your interview(s)!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got my selection day on the 8th of April for adult nursing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wheezy)
    Good luck with your selection days

Accommodation opens on the 2nd March so don't worry

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...owtoapply.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have my interview in adult nursing next week. Not sure how to prepare for just a group interview.any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil45)
    Hi guys, I have my interview in adult nursing next week. Not sure how to prepare for just a group interview.any help?
    Is your interview next Wednesday on the 25th? Mine is, I am so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is! I am so nervous aswell! You heard back from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil45)
    Yes it is! I am so nervous aswell! You heard back from anywhere else?
    Nope! I have been rejected by 2, waiting for an answer after an interview and have this interview and another one, you?

ReputationRep:
    I have had 2 rejections and 1 offer and waiting on this interview now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil45)
    I have had 2 rejections and 1 offer and waiting on this interview now
    So are you travelling far?

ReputationRep:
    Yes live in cardiff so about 4 hours!!! You??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil45)
    Yes live in cardiff so about 4 hours!!! You??
    Oh wow aha! I live in London so probably under 2 hours by train

ReputationRep:
    Hey to all nottingham nursing firmers, we have set up a group on facebook welcoming all branches of nursing applicants for the 2015 intake. Feel free to join and add people as the group has only just started off its pretty small at the moment. There is also a specific adult nursing branch off if your interested in joining too. Just search for "nursing at the university of nottingham 2015"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.