Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology First year: Surrey Uni: essay help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im a first year at Surrey University and studying psychology. I really need some advice. Every time we ate given an assignment or essay to write, i alway try my best and do so much work to try and write something worth a 2:1 or above but I never get the grade I expected to get! Whats wrong with me? I feel to dumb to be at Uni right now. I just don't know what the marker wants from me. I feel like I do everything right but come out with a subpar grade :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Essay style changes a lot from A level to Uni. Look at the feedback the tutor gives you and make sure you apply it to your work. Have a look at 'Study Skills' book and ask a friend who scored higher than you to share their work (hopefully they won't mind if the marks are given back). Make sure you complete your work early enough to read it thoroughly.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried asking for feedback on how to improve your mark? Also, are you able to read the essays of anyone else getting better grades to see what they're doing that you aren't?

ReputationRep:
    They give feedback but its so vague that i don't know what they want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.