Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dance Experts, Your advice please (not street dance) watch

ReputationRep:
    So,
    Guys often like to sit down over a few beers and debate about the best martial arts despite the fact none of us do any of them.

But its fun its what we do.

However little attention has been given to another aspect of life.
    Dance. and or the best type of dance.

I would like to learn a form of dance.

However selecting the most flexible or best one to suit me for life is difficult.

After trying to sift through all the various different types of dance I've narrowed it down to 2.

Kizomba
    or
    Salsa

What I'm looking for is the best dance that will teach me the most variety of tones for each situation. which dance form will equip you with the most dexterity and make you more adaptable to different occasions and types of music.

Now obviously these dances are quite intimate. So I was thinking of as an extra add on to just learn the basic foxtrot too for non romantic occasions such as a say a father and daughter dance at a wedding.

the thing that appeals to me about salsa is its history and that it apparently comes from the various different latino dances that cross fused in the new york latin dance scene. so it strikes me as almost the latin dance equivalent of what Mixed Martial Arts is so martial arts.

However the appeal of Kizomba is it seems a lot less camp and more masculine. theres less effeminate dazzle hand movements and overly happy smiles n stuff.

Anyway perhaps you guys could direct me or give me a bit more info or even ask more questions. I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess TSR ain't really the place lol

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.