Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HPV & Genital Warts Diagnosis - Help!!! Watch

I have just been diagnosed with HPV and also have visable genital warts, I am a 19 yr old female and at first I felt disgusting, suicidal, embarassed, you name it.. Iv slept with two people who were long term boyfriends and never thought anything like this would happen to me!

I am over the initial shock and depressed stage, i now just want RID of these warts and the virus! I am doing everything I can to boost my immune system to try and clear this virus asap, vitamins, healthy eating, excersize, and a positive mindset.

I would just like some advice on clearing the warts, I am currently using ALDARA cream given to me by my GP but I am not sure if it is working, the warts are on the inside of the opening to my vagina but the cream says its for external use only? To be fair it has only been a few days but I just want them GONE!!! Does anyone have any tips? Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'd like to provide you with some reassurance. Thousands and thousands of teenage girls have been in your position, and thousands more will be. With regards to your HPV infection, the types of HPV that produce genital warts are considered "low-risk" and ARE NOT associated with an increased risk of cervical cancer. As for genital warts, these are the most common viral sexually transmitted infection and it appears your GP has prescribed a perfectly adequate treatment option. Give the cream longer, I'm sure you're anxious to get rid of them but constantly checking may actually slow down the healing process.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry, genital warts are more of a cosmetic issue than anything else... I've had them and got rid of them, I actually never went to the doctor - I used apple cider vinegar to clear mine (be careful though... probably best to keep using the cream)

Think of it this way, would you be feeling like this about it if you had a couple of warts on your finger. My guess is probably not, All warts are caused by different strains of HPV, the fact that genital warts are "sexually transmitted" and therefore "taboo" is what makes you feel so down about it. You may also have had other strains in the past, but no warts,which means it wouldn't have been diagnosed. Your body will clear the virus within about 18 months.

Most people who have had a sexual relationship have been exposed to HPV in some form, not all get warts, but its really nothing to be ashamed of. Read the leaflet that came with the cream and do a quick google to find out how long it should take to clear things up, I know you want them gone ASAP, but they're honestly not going to cause you any harm. If after the time the leaflet says it should take to clear your warts, they haven't gone or reduced significantly, go back to your GP or a sexual health clinic for further advice,

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.