The Student Room Group

Is there a teacher here!! Calling all teacher!

So my friend wasn't allowed to take Maths so she is studying it separately.

She is only doing one module out of the 3 (AS, but 1/6 A Level) this year BUT she is doing the rest of the 5 modules next year to complete the A Level Maths.

My question is... Does she cash in the module? Or can she cash in later? Is it even possible to cash in one module if you don't do the rest of the exams until later?

ALSO.... This is very important... If she does cash in then what code does she use? Does she use the AS code (8371) for Maths or the A Level code (9371) for Maths even though it is a AS module.
Reply 1
Original post by Da Di Doo
So my friend wasn't allowed to take Maths so she is studying it separately.

She is only doing one module out of the 3 (AS, but 1/6 A Level) this year BUT she is doing the rest of the 5 modules next year to complete the A Level Maths.

My question is... Does she cash in the module? Or can she cash in later? Is it even possible to cash in one module if you don't do the rest of the exams until later?

ALSO.... This is very important... If she does cash in then what code does she use? Does she use the AS code (8371) for Maths or the A Level code (9371) for Maths even though it is a AS module.

I'm not a teacher, but I think she can decide whether or not to cash it in. The school with do one or the other by default, but I'm pretty sure it's up to the candidate themselves.

I'm not sure about which code she should use. I would guess that the AS code is more appropriate.

Hope that helps, but check with a teacher.....if you can find one!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest