The Student Room Group

No strings attached sexual relationship

So I'm speaking to this guy on tinder he's 20 and I'm 18 and he wants a no strings attached sexual relationship! I like how he's upfront about what he wants and I wouldn't mind having a no strings attached sexual relationship as I don't really have much time for a proper relationship! The only thing is ive never had a no strings attached sexual relationship before. We're meeting up on Tuesday night for a few drinks and a chat and if it goes well we'll meet again for a more intimate chat! What's everyone's thought on this like has anyone been in this situation and have any tips?
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm speaking to this guy on tinder he's 20 and I'm 18 and he wants a no strings attached sexual relationship! I like how he's upfront about what he wants and I wouldn't mind having a no strings attached sexual relationship as I don't really have much time for a proper relationship! The only thing is ive never had a no strings attached sexual relationship before. We're meeting up on Tuesday night for a few drinks and a chat and if it goes well we'll meet again for a more intimate chat! What's everyone's thought on this like has anyone been in this situation and have any tips?

I have, twice. Both were actually really nice. As long as you're not awkward about it and know full well that you're not gonna see each other again (which, in a way, can kinda make it better... maybe that's just me).

I'm surprised that the plan is more than one evening long, haha. But yeah, my only tip would be is to not be awkward or giggly and weird about it. Then you're good to go :cool:
Reply 2
Original post by молодой гений
I have, twice. Both were actually really nice. As long as you're not awkward about it and know full well that you're not gonna see each other again (which, in a way, can kinda make it better... maybe that's just me).

I'm surprised that the plan is more than one evening long, haha. But yeah, my only tip would be is to not be awkward or giggly and weird about it. Then you're good to go :cool:

He wants to get to know me first then get down to things! I think he wants it to happen more than once so more like friends with benefits than a "one night stand" thanks for the advice!
He wants to get to know me first then get down to things! I think he wants it to happen more than once so more like friends with benefits than a "one night stand" thanks for the advice!

Also, condoms. No matter how much he complains, don't give on this - an STD is way more costly and uncomfortable than, well, a bit of rubber for 20 minutes or so. :cool::cool::cool:

It is not going to work.

One of you is going to like the other more / fall in love

One of you is going to feel betrayed when the other falls in love and leaves.

One of you is going to feel terrible when the other says ' but we agreed it was no strings attached'.......so I'm having a relationship with .....you don't mind do you? I didn't tell you because this isn't a relationship is it? I told you I wasn't monogamous......You're being unreasonable we agreed......sorry you're pregnant but we said it was never going to be serious. didn't we? You're on your own, I'm off....so you have an STD why are you complaining... we agreed it wasn't going to be anything but sex / wasn't going to be a relationship...

If you are meeting up with someone you are starting a relationship - whether you like it or not. With all the attendant responsibilities, problems - it's a total immature fantasy to imagine you can separate out sex from everything else.

Have you really thought this through?
OP, it doesn't work..trust me! I've just finished a FwB situation that went on for 10months. I liked him more than he liked me, & I tried to convince myself it would work out - wrong! You'll always be an option & when you discover he's seeing other girls, that hurts! (Even though he'll tell you he's not).

My advice = walk away. However if you're still determined, make sure you're safe & don't let him use the excuse of "Can we go bareback", or "You're the only person I'm seeing, let's stop using condoms".
Lucky guy. It's every man's dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
update: we're in a relationship now and have been for over a month its great :smile:
update: we're in a relationship now and have been for over a month its great :smile:

Congrats, glad things worked out for you.
Reply 9

where u at? what u look like? pm me pics if u want fun times

cheers
Reply 10
You sound pretty pathetic to be honest. I think you're gonna end up falling in love with him and then he'll just ignore you and you start crying every day?
Original post by AuC
You sound pretty pathetic to be honest. I think you're gonna end up falling in love with him and then he'll just ignore you and you start crying every day?

Seemed to work out alright. :dontknow:

Spoiler

I wish girls went this crazy over me.
I know you've said you're in a relationship, but some of the other comments are bugging me. So what if you're his booty call? That also makes him your booty call. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can't have the same sexual freedom a guy has- and no, people don't always get attached. Some people are perfectly capable of separating sex and emotional attachment. As long as you're safe and you know yourself well enough to handle such a relationship, a casual sex partner can be a wonderful thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending