ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisademaine)
    I'm studying... food tech
    psychology
    biology
    history

I'm interested in... dietetics

My study level is... A-level (A2)
    Hi, I'm also interested in dietetics. Are you in year 13? Have you already applied or are you in year 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clearwater98)
    Hi, I'm also interested in dietetics. Are you in year 13? Have you already applied or are you in year 12?

hey, yeah i'm in year 13 and have applied. Since I don't do chemistry I could only apply for dietetics at Surrey and Coventry. I've got an offer from Coventry and still waiting to hear from Surrey after my interview which was 2 weeks ago. Wby?

ReputationRep:
    hey, yeah i'm in year 13 and have applied. Since I don't do chemistry I could only apply for dietetics at Surrey and Coventry. I've got an offer from Coventry and still waiting to hear from Surrey after my interview which was 2 weeks ago. Wby?
    I'm in year 12 so I'm not applying yet. I'm doing biology, chemistry, maths and food tech. Did you only apply for those two then? Do you know of anyone that has applied? Its rare to find people that want to do this specifically. Which one would you prefer out of those two?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 so I'm not applying yet. I'm doing biology, chemistry, maths and food tech. Did you only apply for those two then? Do you know of anyone that has applied? Its rare to find people that want to do this specifically. Which one would you prefer out of those two?
    Yeah I applied for just them two for dietetics and to fill the spaces I applied elsewhere for nutrition just as a back up incase I didn't get any offers for dietetics. I don't know anyone else who has applied or wants to do dietetics, I guess its an area which a lot of young people aren't interested in.. I would love to go to Surrey if they give me an offer, but I am more than happy to go to Coventry since although I'm not a huge fan of the city, the uni is really good for life sciences and the lecturers are all so kind and helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I applied for just them two for dietetics and to fill the spaces I applied elsewhere for nutrition just as a back up incase I didn't get any offers for dietetics. I don't know anyone else who has applied or wants to do dietetics, I guess its an area which a lot of young people aren't interested in.. I would love to go to Surrey if they give me an offer, but I am more than happy to go to Coventry since although I'm not a huge fan of the city, the uni is really good for life sciences and the lecturers are all so kind and helpful.
    Yeah I heard dietetics is a lot more competitive than nutrition. Its good you got an offer. What were the conditions of the offer? If you don't mind me asking. And did you have any work experience before you applied? I haven't done any work experience related to it so I've been a bit worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard dietetics is a lot more competitive than nutrition. Its good you got an offer. What were the conditions of the offer? If you don't mind me asking. And did you have any work experience before you applied? I haven't done any work experience related to it so I've been a bit worried about it.
    I was originally offered BBB, but i do biology btec and i rang them and they had made an error so its not distinction BB. Yeah i had a day where i shadowed a few dietitians and i also went to a dietetics career event at st thomas' hospital london - you can sign up for these and they email you when there is an event coming up and i'm sure a few big hospitals do these dietetics is much harder to get into than nutrition because its NHS funded so each uni only offers around 30 places so just get as much experience as you can!! I only did the shadowing in October just before i applied so you don't need to panic or rush about yet

ReputationRep:
    I was originally offered BBB, but i do biology btec and i rang them and they had made an error so its not distinction BB. Yeah i had a day where i shadowed a few dietitians and i also went to a dietetics career event at st thomas' hospital london - you can sign up for these and they email you when there is an event coming up and i'm sure a few big hospitals do these dietetics is much harder to get into than nutrition because its NHS funded so each uni only offers around 30 places so just get as much experience as you can!! I only did the shadowing in October just before i applied so you don't need to panic or rush about yet
    Ok, thanks. Is that the london dietetics website for the career events?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. Is that the london dietetics website for the career events?
    yeah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.