Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any students who go to uni of surrey..Have you taken your car and found any parking? If so do you have to pay and is there any restrictions E.G. no overnight stay etc.Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Surrey is very anti-student cars. Manor Park is designed as a car-free village. It was hard enough last year being able to find somewhere to park for 20 mins for my Dad to drop me off after I'd been home. The only parking available at any of the halls apart from Hazel farm is disabled. I think Hazel farm has some parking spaces but I'm not 100%, I've only ever passed through it on the bus. A couple of my flatmates last year brought their cars and just left them in random roads I'm not sure where (I just walked/got the bus everywhere). There's a car park at the cathedral just above uni where a couple of my friends park when they drive into uni but you're not supposed to and there's regularly someone there either turning away students or going round the car park noting down registration numbers of cars that shouldn't be there.

You don't need a car at Surrey. All halls (except Hazel farm) are max 15 mins walk from the massive tesco, there are regular buses that are 90p single from uni to town. Worth noting Hazel farm is the cheap halls but you get a free bus pass if you end up there. Most of the student housing is within 20 mins walk from uni and the train station is just outside uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved from University Life to University of Surrey forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisademaine)
    Any students who go to uni of surrey..Have you taken your car and found any parking? If so do you have to pay and is there any restrictions E.G. no overnight stay etc.Thanks
    Hello! I'm sure Hazel Farm is the only part of campusn that has parking! I got an offer from accommodation there, so if you're interested we can swap if you get something else, cos I dont really need a parking spot!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.surrey.ac.uk/currentstude...lity/index.htm This gives a bit of information about parking, mainly the eligibility for it. As said there are parking spaces at hazel farm (which is either band A or B accommodation), but there are also parking spaces at bellerby court (band D) but these are very limited. As you cannot pick a court of residence it would be hard to make sure you could get a parking space. Also it's worth noting that you would still have to get a bus to campus when you have lectures or go in the pay and display which prices are:
    up to 1 hour 80 pence
    up to 2 hours £1.50
    up to 4 hours £4.60
    Over 4 hours £6.90.
    I would imagine that it would get quite expensive to do this.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.