Eminem - Discuss Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Everyone seems to have an opinion on Eminem, so would anyone like to share them?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Good show-man / entertainer
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
someone i no went to see him and appareently was amazing

my view-rubbish!
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
No strong opinion of him really. I'm not a fan of hip-hop, but I do find some of his stuff quite good - whatever's on the radio, really.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
To Guest Rob,
I agree with your opinion. i wouldn't say he writes amazingly great music but there are a few i did really like... e.g:
Without me(video amazing!) and Lose yourself! i used to like his first two albums but now i don't like the extent to which he swears and it is a little unnecessary. My sister is a fairly big fan and always wants to listen to his music but i am not as keen.
Sorry to all those really big fans :-(
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i think what proved for me that he is a decent guy is that video/song he did, the one with the fanatic fan, i completely forgot the name of it now... one with Dido chorus?
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That one was called "Stan".
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
To Guest Rob,
I agree with your opinion. i wouldn't say he writes amazingly great music but there are a few i did really like... e.g:
Without me(video amazing!) and Lose yourself! i used to like his first two albums but now i don't like the extent to which he swears and it is a little unnecessary. My sister is a fairly big fan and always wants to listen to his music but i am not as keen.
Sorry to all those really big fans :-(
After all that, he is one of the best hip hop musicians currently around, most current chart material of that genre is painful. If I hear that one with Mariah Carey once more I'll be slamming my head in drawer.
Unregistered3
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
As you say, he isn't bad compared to others in his genre. His music seems to have a meaning other than 'look at me I am a drug dealer, murderer etc'.

The main difference is that he attempts to reflect how he percieves America is failing it's citizens, compare him to 'So Solid Crew' and the difference is marked......!

BAN SO SOLID!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Yeah, so solid are crap.
Im surprised at the response though, rather... bland.
Keep posting though please
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Not bad, some of his songs are pretty good, although the Aerosmith version of "Sing for the Moment" was much much better although I don't think any of his songs are particularly meaningful, they are just written to sound good, I don't listen and think "ooh how profound" I tap my feet and thats about it.
stacked actor
Report 15 years ago
Eminem as an entertainer is amazing. What I respect about him the most is the fact that he is not afraid to express his views. Sure; he curses a lot; but isn't that a form of expression? of anger? And he is angry. He's angry about the circumstances he had to grow up in; he's angry about the state of the world; he's angry about the prejudice rife in society. And he's taking that anger out in his tunes. Sure; he resorts to sarcasm and plain cursing in the end; but it's an expression. And it's an art. And art is nothing but an expression of your innermost thoughts.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i don't really mind him one way or another- i'm not bothered by how much he swears or whateva, but i sometimes get a bit bored of his songs if they've not got a great tune. i do really like stan, lose yourslef and sing for the moment (but i tend to agree that the areosmith version is better)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
brillaint entertain brilant comprehsion of the written word and excellent views on homosexuals
essexgal
Report 15 years ago
i think eminem iz great he iz such a gd artist and iz very fit everyone seems to gt the rong idea about him jus because of his music!! all he iz doing iz expressin the way he feels!! personally i and loads of otha ppl i no love him da music industry wouldnt b da same without him
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bah! He's rubbish - he has no moral standard either. Who would take delight in listening to tracks where he swears about his own mother! Despicable.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Bah! He's rubbish - he has no moral standard either. Who would take delight in listening to tracks where he swears about his own mother! Despicable.
Let's burn him on the stake.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Let's burn him on the stake.
Or put him in the concorde with you.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Or put him in the concorde with you.
Whilst I ring you to wave a whiteflag for me.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Whilst I ring you to wave a whiteflag for me.
And a pirate one at poor emmy. *Sigh* lol!! what do you REALLY think of him Bhaal? you love him so much you want to die together? awwwwww
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (850)
80.72%
Leave (203)
19.28%

Watched Threads