Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I'm applying for student finance do I have to declare my part time job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Since no one is answering, I'll do my best to help.

Are you applying as independent or are you applying with your parents income?

If the latter, then I don't think so (Unless their is a section that asks for it)

If you are applying as independent you would need to provide it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Since no one is answering, I'll do my best to help.

Are you applying as independent or are you applying with your parents income?

If the latter, then I don't think so (Unless their is a section that asks for it)

If you are applying as independent you would need to provide it
    Thank you

I'm applying with my parents income

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the same question again, but I have two part time jobs would that make any difference? Would I also include my brothers apprenticeship into the household income?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Just the people you depend financially need to be included so usually mum and dad. Your income doesn't need to be known unless you're applying as an independent or mature student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware income from part-time jobs at uni does not count towards your student finance entitlement, when you're applying they naturally assume your income will be 0 as the only job that you could possibly get for a full-time course is part-time work, this is why those who apply as independent and have no husband/partner usually automatically get the full amount of maintenance support

ReputationRep:
    I've just gone through the application stuff, it doesn't really ask you to declare, it makes no difference. The only question I remember is will I still be in full time work whilst at uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.