The Student Room Group

Leon (censored) Brittan has died.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nulli tertius
No. I think the problem you have is that you think that if 1 or 2 or 22 politicians have been engaged in criminal behaviour, that means number 23 has as well.

No I have no idea what to believe.
Greville Janner will mysteriously get cancer from nowhere and probably die next
Original post by democracyforum
Greville Janner will mysteriously get cancer from nowhere and probably die next

Janner has dementia
Reply 23
Janner has dementia

Are we sure on that one?
Original post by n00
Are we sure on that one?

I haven't met him personally but that is why the CPS said no prosecution when they were sent papers last year. Not fit to stand trial.
Janner has dementia

That's always a good alibi
Original post by democracyforum
That's always a good alibi

Generally because it is true!
Reply 27
Tory grandee Leon Brittan died before he could be *quizzed over claims he was at parties where children were sexually abused and killed.

The former Home Secretary was named by an alleged victim as being among a group of powerful men who he saw at the luxury Dolphin Square apartments close to Westminster.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leon-brittan-faced-cop-quiz-5032926

This is just bringing up to date those who haven't been following the story. The only "new" fact is that a man who was dying of cancer and presumably up to his eyeballs on morphine hadn't been interviewed by the police.
Reply 29
This is just bringing up to date those who haven't been following the story. The only "new" fact is that a man who was dying of cancer and presumably up to his eyeballs on morphine hadn't been interviewed by the police.

It may not be new to you but i think its new to most of us, he hadn't been named before we just had to guess.
Reply 30
Leon Brittan was photographed entering an underage sex den during a police investigation, it has been claimed.

The Tory Lord, who died on Wednesday, is said to have been snapped by officers on a 1986 surveillance operation focusing on rent boy orgies run in North London buildings.

Detectives were watching premises where the boys picked up at King’s Cross were dropped off to be repeatedly raped, say friends of an officer involved.

Big names believed to have been photographed entering the dens included former Home Secretary Brittan, MP Cyril Smith and some top judges.

Sources claim up to 16 high profile figures were due to be arrested.

But the day before the swoops were to be carried out, officers on the investigation, called Operation Orchid, were allegedly told it had been disbanded.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-tory-leon-brittan-photographed-5037869#ICID=sharebar_twitter
Reply 31
An alleged victim of a Westminster paedophile ring claimed to police that Leon Brittan abused him more than a dozen times.

The witness known as Nick said he also saw most of his friends molested by the former Home Secretary who died on Wednesday aged 75.

Making the bombshell claims, Nick first spoke to investigative website Exaro last year and identified Mr Brittan as being present at VIP abuse parties.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leon-brittan-abused-children-westminster-5038101

This is new.

Raped is a bit of an exaggeration.

These were (usually under-age) male prostitutes. I can remember when every evening there would be 20-30 pretty boys hanging around the front of King's Cross.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
This is recycled.

Yeah, only Brittan wasn't named last time around.
Reply 35
This is new.

Raped is a bit of an exaggeration.

These were (usually under-age) male prostitutes. I can remember when every evening there would be 20-30 pretty boys hanging around the front of King's Cross.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound more than a little desperate now.
Original post by n00
You sound more than a little desperate now.

It is improbable that police conducting surveillance on a male brothel ascertained that the customers were raping the rent boys. It is further improbable that as professional sex workers they or their pimps would allow them to be bilked of their fees more than once. Therefore the reference to rape is likely to be lazy journalism.

This does of course move the story on in two respects. Firstly, A man who is willing to pay for sex with young men/boys is more likely to have abused boys than one who has no sexual interest in them. This is the first material that has emerged from any source other than alleged victims, that Brittan was bisexual.

Secondly this is going to fairly raise the fundamental problem at the heart of this inquiry. These rent boys were almost certainly under 21, the then age of homosexual consent. Should the authorities have been prosecuting all under 21 homosexual conduct. If not, what illegal behaviour were they right to turn a blind eye to and what illegal behaviour should they have pursued?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
It is improbable that police conducting surveillance on a male brothel ascertained that the customers were raping the rent boys. It is further improbable that as professional sex workers they or their pimps would allow them to be bilked of their fees more than once. Therefore the reference to rape is likely to be lazy journalism.

This does of course move the story on in two respects. Firstly, A man who is willing to pay for sex with young men/boys is more likely to have abused boys than one who has no sexual interest in them. This is the first material that has emerged from any source other than alleged victims, that Brittan was bisexual.

Secondly this is going to fairly raise the fundamental problem at the heart of this inquiry. These rent boys were almost certainly under 21, the then age of homosexual consent. Should the authorities have been prosecuting all under 21 homosexual conduct. If not, what illegal behaviour were they right to turn a blind eye to and what illegal behaviour should they have pursued?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yawn: Not this again.

Trying to divert this into a discussion on age of consent still sounds awfully desperate i'm afraid. Needs Work. Remind me where do you work again?
Original post by MatureStudent36
It'll happen. Just not a big fan of jumping to conclusions.

Not too long ago there was a rather big thread about how evil the Police were for chasing down a disabled guy. A few months later thy were found to be not guilty but our usual faux outrage brigade weren't bothered.

I'll wait until the enquiry is done....or more evidence comes to light after he's died.

There is a difference between conclusion-jumping and suspicion.
Original post by n00
:yawn: Not this again.

Trying to divert this into a discussion on age of consent still sounds awfully desperate i'm afraid. Needs Work. Remind me where do you work again?

Wait and see. Wait and see. In a year or two this is where the inquiry is going to run into the sand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending