Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello gym goers.

I've noticed a lot of well experienced and knowledable people who reside in these murkey depths, and I have a question.

I'm looking to pack on mass for when I jet off to Ibiza this summer and was wondering if anyone knows of a good plan? I have my diet in check and have been using a few varients of StrongLifts 5x5 and enjoy the heavy / low rep workouts.

I'm not going to lie, I'm wanting to widen my shouldrers and lats more and put more mass on my delts and upper chest.

Your help would be appreciated
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do ICF 5x5 by Jason Blaha instead, much more of a hypertrophy routine for your experience levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Do ICF 5x5 by Jason Blaha instead, much more of a hypertrophy routine for your experience levels

Great,

I'll take a look at that now - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A word of warning, you won't change your physique much before you go. It takes years.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by illusionz)
    A word of warning, you won't change your physique much before you go. It takes years.
    Your physique has changed a fair bit imo in the past year you've been lifting
    Spoiler:
    Show

Making you look like you lift in all modes of dress though, agreed

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's changed yes, but still requires lots of work tbh

I guess I'm more saying don't set expectations too high. The guys you see on magazines have been lifting for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    Hello gym goers.

I've noticed a lot of well experienced and knowledable people who reside in these murkey depths, and I have a question.

I'm looking to pack on mass for when I jet off to Ibiza this summer and was wondering if anyone knows of a good plan? I have my diet in check and have been using a few varients of StrongLifts 5x5 and enjoy the heavy / low rep workouts.

I'm not going to lie, I'm wanting to widen my shouldrers and lats more and put more mass on my delts and upper chest.

Your help would be appreciated
    Planning on wearing very long shorts the whole time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

This is such the case, wear a shirt and trousers to work with a massive coat, don't look like I lift. it's dress down Friday every Friday but I rarely do it, but when I do its good to get comments of the workers say I didn't realise you were so big.

ReputationRep:
    Why change your physique merely for a holiday in which your attempt is, guessing, merely to attract girls. You'll see people who have great bodies which have been achieved over years of real dedication. At best, you can get toned, forget about putting on muscle mass and looking rippled. Goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGym)
    Why change your physique merely for a holiday in which your attempt is, guessing, merely to attract girls. You'll see people who have great bodies which have been achieved over years of real dedication. At best, you can get toned, forget about putting on muscle mass and looking rippled. Goodluck.
    I've been lifting for a while. I already have a toned body. However, I am now wanting to add more mass to my physique, for me, not for anyone else.

I've made the point of the timescale as a goal for me.

People assume too much on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    I've been lifting for a while. I already have a toned body. However, I am now wanting to add more mass to my physique, for me, not for anyone else.

I've made the point of the timescale as a goal for me.

People assume too much on TSR
    If you've been lifting for a while then surely you'd have a grasp on how to put on mass and basic knowledge of programmes suited to that goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGym)
    If you've been lifting for a while then surely you'd have a grasp on how to put on mass and basic knowledge of programmes suited to that goal.
    My training experience has been mostly Armed Forces and stamina greedy.

ReputationRep:
    Well you can either put on mass or you can stay lean, without the use of certain substances, the goal which you probably have in mind is sadly unachievable in such a short time period.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.