Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan on moving to London in September for Uni and was thinking about doing some volunteering in my spare time. I've realised how I should be contributing far more to society and would like to help out at a soup kitchen or something. Was wondering if anyone knows of the system around this and how to get involved? Obviously there are health and safety stuff put in place but don't know what the rules/requirements are for this.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    you can easily google services in your area and just get in touch, your uni will have a volunteering 'sector' within the students union (I assume they all do?) which can connect you with opportunities

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if you're still interested but check out hands on London charity. You register with them and then there is a ton of different opportunities for you o pick from. The people there seem nice. I haven't done any actual volunteering with them just yet because when I registered I wasn't 18 and some of volunteering opportunities wanted people of age 18 because health and safety I guess? I'm hoping to do some volunteering too for example soup kitchens etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.