Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got 1A*, 1A, 6B's, 1C and a D.
    I'm predicted to get 4A's, 4B's, and 2 C's.

Will I still be able to do well with these?
    My depression/anxiety got the better of me during the mock week and I was too anxious to do anything. Its sorted now but I feel like I've got really bad grades so there's not much of a point to continue with this. People say that gcses are easy so if I'm getting low levels then I must be dumb.
    Already cant do my dream job. (mechanical engineering) because of my C in physics and B in maths (I'm 'on target' apparently).

ReputationRep:
    These are really good for mock results, with these results you can learn from what went wrong and what work you need to do to improve with your lowest grades. You have 4 months to improve these grades, which is a LONG time! I sometimes feel the same with people constantly going on about how piss easy GCSE's are but it's all a matter of opinion, just ignore those. For physics and maths start revising now, not a lot, but do a little every week so you feel more confident in the subjects. Also did you revise a lot in general for the mocks? If you didn't it should be relatively easy to improve these all by at least a grade by May/June with a decent amount of revision by going over past papers. Dont give up!

ReputationRep:
    I got a few A*, few As, few Bs and Cs and I had an E in English (higher paper) 30/90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuLu<3)
    These are really good for mock results, with these results you can learn from what went wrong and what work you need to do to improve with your lowest grades. You have 4 months to improve these grades, which is a LONG time! I sometimes feel the same with people constantly going on about how piss easy GCSE's are but it's all a matter of opinion, just ignore those. For physics and maths start revising now, not a lot, but do a little every week so you feel more confident in the subjects. Also did you revise a lot in general for the mocks? If you didn't it should be relatively easy to improve these all by at least a grade by May/June with a decent amount of revision by going over past papers. Dont give up!
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad at all in my opinion since I got 1A*, 1B, 3C so yeah they're pretty okish I guess. You're self esteem is poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowkakes)

My depression/anxiety got the better of me during the mock week and I was too anxious to do anything. Its sorted now but I feel like I've got really bad grades so there's not much of a point to continue with this. People say that gcses are easy so if I'm getting low levels then I must be dumb.
    Already cant do my dream job. (mechanical engineering) because of my C in physics and B in maths (I'm 'on target' apparently).
    I feel as if your grades are better than mine and I did quite well so hope you good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I feel as if your grades are better than mine and I did quite well so hope you good luck
    Ive only got one A* so far.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! I keep losing faith in myself as Zeetingman pointed out.
    Going to be on the student room more often to keep focused.

Hope to get all A*'s and A's and you guys have helped to be the first step.
    Thanks a bunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeetingman)
    Ive only got one A* so far.
    Oh mine were many of my mocks since year 10 onwards

ReputationRep:
    Mocks are just practice and I expect students to improve by at least one grade by the summer. Look carefully at where you lost the marks and spend time practising past papers - you can do it if you keep working hard!

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted all A's and A*s but only got
    2A
    2B
    2C
    3D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it! Just work hard for the real exams and try and bring them up.

I was predicted 10 As and ended up getting 1 A, 5 Bs and 4 Cs, yet managed to get AAB at A level.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes teachers lower your targets to make sure that you work hard and sometimes they're just inaccurate cos teachers are teachers and some are evil and some aren't (my mums lovely haha) but for example my english teacher is super harsh when marking (e.g his students all got Bs and Cs and Ds when he marked their papers but got As for the real thing). Don't worry okay? What will be will be and if you work hard but not too hard (don't burn out!!!) you'll be fine. Having gone through depression I know it sucks but you'll come out fine. Just be around people that make you feel good and spend a few minutes every day thinking about positive things e.g a nice book you read or the last fun outing you went on) to make sure that you don't burn out before exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dude thats amazing! i got C's D's and E's and one A! but ended up with 5A 4B 1C ! Work hard dw its all good

ReputationRep:

Good enough for some of the best grammar schools in the country

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You've done really well and will definitely achieve those predicted grades if you continue to work hard.

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting grades all A**-C
    or pass
    Subject

-English C
    -Maths A*
    -Further Maths i dunno exam next week
    -Core Science A
    -Additional Science A
    -Environmental Science A/B
    -Sociology B
    -Level 2 ICT pass

ReputationRep:
    You are in year 10?

Expose mostly A grades in 2016.

You have TIME use it well and once your real exams start there's no time for depression.

ReputationRep:

Are these year 10 mock? and also what would you be happy with as final GCSE results?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    They're really good, well done! You're on your way to beating those predicted grades, good luck!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.