Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15, a girl and every time I stand up I go dizzy. Also I am always tired, I am always cold and I haven't felt myself in a long while. I first went to the doctors in April 2013 and they still haven't found what's wrong with me. I have had blood tests to test for iron, thyroid, diabetes and some other things but they have all came back normal apart from the iron which was slightly high but they said that was fine. All they have said is my blood pressure is a bit low but it is normal for my age. On Monday I have to have an ECG but I don't know how this will help? I am getting bored with going to the doctors as every time they don't do anything and they still haven't found what's wrong with me and say I'm normal, but I know going dizzy isn't normal. Does anyone have any ideas because I always feel crap?

ReputationRep:
    Low blood pressure when you change position to stand up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisme!)
    Low blood pressure when you change position to stand up?
    When I stand it goes slightly lower but they don't do anything about this and tell me I have to live with it, but I can't because it happens too frequently now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    I'm 15, a girl and every time I stand up I go dizzy. Also I am always tired, I am always cold and I haven't felt myself in a long while. I first went to the doctors in April 2013 and they still haven't found what's wrong with me. I have had blood tests to test for iron, thyroid, diabetes and some other things but they have all came back normal apart from the iron which was slightly high but they said that was fine. All they have said is my blood pressure is a bit low but it is normal for my age. On Monday I have to have an ECG but I don't know how this will help? I am getting bored with going to the doctors as every time they don't do anything and they still haven't found what's wrong with me and say I'm normal, but I know going dizzy isn't normal. Does anyone have any ideas because I always feel crap?
    Have they test your iron levels? This sounds like anaemia.

ReputationRep:
    Have you researched vertigo?

ReputationRep:
    I had the same thing when I was younger. It was eventually diagnosed as postural hypotension (low blood pressure which drops a fair bit- above 20mmHg I think the cut off is, when I stand up) along with a very fast metabolism. I made sure I drank lots of water, ate wholemeal foods, porridge etc. And I've grown out of it really :/ it might be something you end up having to manage rather than cure with tablets as there just might not be a medicine out there for you :/ keep trying with the doctors though, they will help you somehow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)

Sounds like low blood pressure. Try getting up a bit slower that might help as well as more fluids. Other thing it could be is vertigo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.