Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware obviously that Loughborough is a very good place to do sports and is always at the top in that regard. It's not that I'm a stranger to sports, I'm currently a keen cyclist.

But I'm curious as to just how sport centric it is because of some of the replies I've had from people when mentioned Loughborough as my firm - "oh you must be good sports", "isn't it just people in tracksuits?". Maybe I should stop reading into things

p.s. Economics offer
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    http://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/n...sport-uni.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BaronK)
    I'm aware obviously that Loughborough is a very good place to do sports and is always at the top in that regard. It's not that I'm a stranger to sports, I'm currently a keen cyclist.

But I'm curious as to just how sport centric it is because of some of the replies I've had from people when mentioned Loughborough as my firm - "oh you must be good sports", "isn't it just people in tracksuits?". Maybe I should stop reading into things

p.s. Economics offer
    Hi BaronK

You're right, Loughborough is sporty and we're very, very good at it. But there are a whole host of things we're equally as good at - they just don't necessarily get the media coverage that sport attracts.

School of Business and Economics which is most relevant for you for example is one of less that 1% of business schools in the world that have achieved accreditation from all 3 major accrediting bodies see here for more info

We've also won 7 Queen's Anniversary prizes (only Oxford has more) for Higher and Further Education, according to the new REF results, we're a top 10 research uni in England, we won The Times Best Student Experience 6 years running - no other Uni has done that, our employment stats are way above national average, every single course we offer has a placement year option and so on.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. We are great at sport, but we're also great at a load of other stuff too.

Hope that answers your question!
    Vicky

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.