Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whatsapp messages marked as ''read'' but my friend has not been online? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have noticed a straneg oddity on whatsapp. Sometimes a message I've sent appears as read (two blue arrows appear next too it) but it says the user is not online or the last time they were online was hours ago? Surely one of them has to be wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermay88)
    I have noticed a straneg oddity on whatsapp. Sometimes a message I've sent appears as read (two blue arrows appear next too it) but it says the user is not online or the last time they were online was hours ago? Surely one of them has to be wrong?
    You can block people from seeing you online in the settings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    You can block people from seeing you online in the settings
    But then neither of you would be able to see when the other was last online...it would just be blank under the username.

OP, you don't need to be online to read a message - just read it in your notifications. Dunno how this affects your last online time thing.

ReputationRep:
    Loool.

He turns off his internet, checks the message, goes off, turns his internet back on.

Voila.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    But then neither of you would be able to see when the other was last online...it would just be blank under the username.

OP, you don't need to be online to read a message - just read it in your notifications. Dunno how this affects your last online time thing.
    hmm true.....but hes bypassing somehow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.