Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm a french student and I just got an offer from The University of Edinburgh for their Politics and Economic & Social History degree but I'm not sure going there because the course doesn't really seems attractive :/ so I just wanted to know if it is a good degree and if it is easy to find a job with it ! My others choices are PPE degrees !

Thank you for your help !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me00)
    Hello,

I'm a french student and I just got an offer from The University of Edinburgh for their Politics and Economic & Social History degree but I'm not sure going there because the course doesn't really seems attractive :/ so I just wanted to know if it is a good degree and if it is easy to find a job with it ! My others choices are PPE degrees !

Thank you for your help !
    The only degrees that prepare you directly for a specific career are things like Medicine, law etc, and even then that career is not guaranteed. Undergrad degrees are there to equip you with skills like working independently, time management, research, writing, critical thought etc, all of which are useful in any number of careers. The specific course really doesn't matter that much.

Get some work experience during your summer breaks, get a 2:1 and you'll be well placed as a candidate for Graduate Entry Schemes in many different fields - they don't care what your degree is in, they just care about the classification.

Edinburgh is a brilliant university and a great city to live in and experience university life. If you've gone off the course, choose one of the other ones. But this pointless obsession that entrant students have about employability of a particular degree does nothing but stress you all out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.