Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's January and i'm freaking out about AS-Levels in the summer. I keep getting U's,E's and D's. I'm aiming for A in Maths A in Physics A in Chemistry and B in History. Is it still possible for me to get these grades and how?!?! plz help!!

ReputationRep:
    I can only really help with maths as it's the only one I do. For maths it's really important that you understand every topic. If it's edexcel the textbooks are quite helpful and have loads of example questions. The most important thing I would say is do every past paper. A good website is mathspaper.co.uk had them all on there. You don't need to do all the old ones though. What you will find with maths is that similar styles of questions come every year so it is all about exam technique and knowing how to answer the question. Our school set us challenging targets for past paper we had to do a past paper each week for each module until we had done the all twice but I think it really helps. With all your subjects just make sure you don't panic and stress too much. I did that last year and I spent so much time worrying about the exams when I should have been revising. Just stay calm make the most of any spare time and frees you have but make sure you have breaks too. Just plan you revision well and getting practicing the past papers and I am sure you will be fine! What maths exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Same for chemistry. I'd suggest doing loads of past papers too. After a while you'll see that the questions just repeat themselves in different ways. Hope this helps. Oh and even if you're getting not so good grades now that doesn't mean you'll do badly in the summer. Why don't you look through work you've done and see how you can improve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliemay97)
    I can only really help with maths as it's the only one I do. For maths it's really important that you understand every topic. If it's edexcel the textbooks are quite helpful and have loads of example questions. The most important thing I would say is do every past paper. A good website is mathspaper.co.uk had them all on there. You don't need to do all the old ones though. What you will find with maths is that similar styles of questions come every year so it is all about exam technique and knowing how to answer the question. Our school set us challenging targets for past paper we had to do a past paper each week for each module until we had done the all twice but I think it really helps. With all your subjects just make sure you don't panic and stress too much. I did that last year and I spent so much time worrying about the exams when I should have been revising. Just stay calm make the most of any spare time and frees you have but make sure you have breaks too. Just plan you revision well and getting practicing the past papers and I am sure you will be fine! What maths exam board are you on?
    I'm on Edexcel too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clearwater98)
    Same for chemistry. I'd suggest doing loads of past papers too. After a while you'll see that the questions just repeat themselves in different ways. Hope this helps. Oh and even if you're getting not so good grades now that doesn't mean you'll do badly in the summer. Why don't you look through work you've done and see how you can improve
    Thank you very much for reassuring me

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.