Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any girls outgrown guys in height? Was it awkward or work out okay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dated a girl a few years ago who had a late growth spurt and overtook me in height. We ended up breaking up but always wondered if it was partially because of the height. Personally I didn't mind it.. I was wondering if anyone dated a girl that outgrew them, or dated a guy that was shorter and grew past them?

Also if the girl was taller to start but increased the height gap? I see a lot of girls out in town now in really high heels and they tower over even average height guys, so doesnt seem to be an issue of height but as I said I am curious if anyone broke up because of the growth or if it worked out ok / they liked it?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is taller than me when she has heels on, and I won't lie, it can be pretty demoralising. I'm not the tallest **** of the block, but, I like the fact I'm taller than my girlfriend (without heels).
    In a soppy kinda way, it makes me feel as if I can protect her.
    I certainly don't think I'd date a girl taller than me. However, if my girlfriend was to have a growth spurt, and grow taller than me, I wouldn't break up with her because of it, it would just suck.
    Im pretty sure that's not going to happen though, lol.
    There's only a couple inches between us though (I'm 5'7 she's 5,5)

Posted from TSR Mobile

my boyfriend is about an inch shorter than me but i rarely notice it. i am apprehensive to go on a night out with him wearing heels though, i would tower above him and i think that would be awkward. i would have to bend down to kiss him haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.