Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the clickbaity title ( worthy of Upworthy in its clickbaityness, no? ), I wanted to get some views in.

Will anyone be watching the new Russell T Davies (the guy who brought Doctor Who back in 2005, and created Queer as Folk) show on Channel 4 tonight? It's at 9pm

It will actually be three new series, one of which will have Luke Newberry (from In the Flesh! woot)

• PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It seems a good idea but too much effort to keep going to different shows so the stories connect lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    It seems a good idea but too much effort to keep going to different shows so the stories connect lol.
    I think you've confused the idea. The stories are tangentially connected. All three shows are standalone shows, it's just that one of the characters might appear in two etc
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by young_guns)
    I think you've confused the idea. The stories are tangentially connected. All three shows are standalone shows, it's just that one of the characters might appear in two etc
    Ooo yea, that didn't make sense in the advert I thought you had to watch all three...

ReputationRep:
    Ooo yea, that didn't make sense in the advert I thought you had to watch all three...
    I don't think they're on simultaneously, only Cucumber is premiering tonight, the others will come later (it might even be only one of them is on at one time)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't think they're on simultaneously, only Cucumber is premiering tonight, the others will come later (it might even be only one of them is on at one time)
    Intriguing, it reminds me a bit of skins. Which to be honest I never really liked but if it's on when I'm watching tv I might try it. I'm more of a criminal minds, american horror story type person

ReputationRep:
    Intriguing, it reminds me a bit of skins. Which to be honest I never really liked but if it's on when I'm watching tv I might try it. I'm more of a criminal minds, american horror story type person
    I think it's a bit more adult-oriented than Skins. Skins was more a "young adult" (read: teenagers) show, I think Russell T Davies is writing for an adult audience.

But fair play, whatever pushes your buttons. I'm really excited about this, Davies is one of British television's most talented writers (Doctor Who, Queer as Folk etc).

After Wolf Hall last night, it's been a good week for television

ReputationRep:
    Shocking. Very different from what I expected.

I was thinking it was a bit, yeah whatevs, but actually in the last ten minutes it really took off.

And Banana is great, Freddie Fox is sooooo hot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Shocking. Very different from what I expected.

I was thinking it was a bit, yeah whatevs, but actually in the last ten minutes it really took off.

And Banana is great, Freddie Fox is sooooo hot
    Andrew Hayden-Smith :drool:

I really like the way that Cucumber and Banana interact with each other - they'd make total sense without watching either. It's kinda cool!

Dean really got on my nerves, he'll continue to be annoying throughout the series I think. He's the kind of person I just wouldn't get along with in person.

The pace was a bit crazy - I've had to rewatch banana a few times to make sure I know what's going on. I haven't re-watched cucumber, probably because it's aimed at an older audience and it doesn't really grab my interest. I'll continue to watch it though!

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were all excellent!

Have you guys watched Tofu too? It's only around 11 minutes long - but it was interesting see people's different perspectives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've found Cucumber a bit 'meh', but I really like Banana. I wish Banana was the main show! Henry in Cucumber just seems a little perverted chasing after guys half his age.

Freddie is pretty darn hot, but he's one of those guys I know I'd never be friends with. I really felt for Scottie in this week's Banana. I could really empathise and relate with her struggle with falling for a straight person. Not sure I could relate with the stalkish tendencies though. She was very sweet though, and only had good intentions.

Hoping for more stories with hot guys like Freddie. :sexface:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.