Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend heard back from Kent within 24 hours, it took my other three weeks, I'm just wondering how long it took you guys, as I still don't have anything!

My other four choices all sent me acceptances withing 48 hours and I'm still waiting (a month and a half later) for Kent.

Am I the only one or has anyone else just had this blankness (I'm applying for sociology btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxn)
    My friend heard back from Kent within 24 hours, it took my other three weeks, I'm just wondering how long it took you guys, as I still don't have anything!

My other four choices all sent me acceptances withing 48 hours and I'm still waiting (a month and a half later) for Kent.

Am I the only one or has anyone else just had this blankness (I'm applying for sociology btw)
    I got an offer on the 20th Jan and I sent off my application on the 17th December. I guess it depends on the department for how long it takes for them to reply. Good luck though! :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    well done! what did you apply for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxn)
    well done! what did you apply for
    Accounting and Finance w/ a year in industry :woo:

ReputationRep:
    wow well done! where else have you applied for?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah there was another thread on here, with people commenting about the large variations in time it takes for Kent to give an Offer xD, For my friend it was 2 hours, for me with was 22 hours and for others it has been well over a month or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinfarts)
    Yeah there was another thread on here, with people commenting about the large variations in time it takes for Kent to give an Offer xD, For my friend it was 2 hours, for me with was 22 hours and for others it has been well over a month or two.
    two hours?!

ReputationRep:
    Kent took about a month to reply back to me.

ReputationRep:
    I go a reply from them 1 week , not long tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For me it has been exactly a month, I got a conditional for English and Spanish Law

ReputationRep:
    Track status changed just after 6, and received an unconditional offer for English and American Lit with a Year Abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxn)
    two hours?!
    Got an offer yesterday for one of the courses I applied for there... Waiting to hear on one other (same department)

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Kent in December and it was my first uni to reply, and they gave me an offer, I've already been to an applicant day and loved it so far I've heard back from all my unis except for Exeter whist other people have heard from Exeter, so I guess it all depends, if they haven't said no then they're still considering you-that's what Exeter keep saying anyway! X good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you guys have to go for an interview or were you given an offer straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Did any of you guys have to go for an interview or were you given an offer straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi i received a conditional offer to do law at Kent maybe within 1-2 weeks, i applied way back in november/ october though so i can hardly remember. Although i haven't had to do an interview some of the people at my applicant day had to, some even had to do a test. I'm not quite sure maybe because it's a competitive degree being law and one girl i spoke to did btechs instead of a levels and had to do an interview so maybe that's why. But i'm really not sure why some had to do a test as well unless there predicted grades were really peak (mine were abb and kents law requirement was AAA/aab but still i had no interview or test so...) but yh hope i helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britfish)
    hi i received a conditional offer to do law at Kent maybe within 1-2 weeks, i applied way back in november/ october though so i can hardly remember. Although i haven't had to do an interview some of the people at my applicant day had to, some even had to do a test. I'm not quite sure maybe because it's a competitive degree being law and one girl i spoke to did btechs instead of a levels and had to do an interview so maybe that's why. But i'm really not sure why some had to do a test as well unless there predicted grades were really peak (mine were abb and kents law requirement was AAA/aab but still i had no interview or test so...) but yh hope i helped
    Yes thanks. I applied through extra to do business management as I called them up and they said they were still dealing with original applicants but every course will have some spaces at the end so I applied to Kent. This is why I'm abit more worried than if I'd just applied before the January deadline. My predicted grades are AAC whilst Kent's entry requirements are BBB to BBC. Business is quite a competitive course so I might still be asked for an interview interview despite my predicted grades being higher but I suppose it isn't the end of the world. Just worried what I'll have to say haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer within a matter of hours ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expired Potato)
    Track status changed just after 6, and received an unconditional offer for English and American Lit with a Year Abroad.
    Is this with creative writing too? 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameschapple)
    Is this with creative writing too?
    Originally, no, but I emailed Dr Bainbridge and she's going to alter my choice for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expired Potato)
    Originally, no, but I emailed Dr Bainbridge and she's going to alter my choice for me!
    We've applied for the same course then! Congrats on your unconditional, you must be chuffed!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.