Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Haha so yes this will be an emo topic, I've only really got a 8 or so weeks left of actual university life (home for holiday periods) and the past few days this has got me upset and quite reflective.

I've made great friends and had some really highs and lows throughout the experience. My friend recently shared the same feelings of sadness leaving university... So someone hurry up and build a time machine so I can relive it all again ha

There's many things I wish I did differently that would have enhanced my expeirence and I'd like to share them:

1. Join a club/soceity
    2. Explore your city
    3. Take up growth opportunities
    4. Live out
    5. Be friendly and genuinely interested in everyone you'll meet
    6. Date
    7. Try loads of different interests
    8. Leave enough time for assignments and give them your best efforts
    9. Spend a lot of time bonding with friends
    10. Be open to everything and everyone

What I'm trying to get across is to make the most of the opportunities and experiences University offers you. It's a rare experience and it's one that can be very rewarding.

You're young, take risks, really challenge yourself and grow. Never will there be so many options available in your life. When it comes down to it I feel University is much more about the life experience than the degree.

I can honestly say University was the best decision of my life and I loved it. I hope you make the most of what it offers.

Everyone is welcome to share their stories, feelings and how they moved on with life after University

ReputationRep:
    Really couldn't have put it better myself. If you get the chance to stay in your Uni city for a few weeks after exams then do it, and do all of the things you never get around to. I remember doing as much as I could in those last few weeks that I never got around to doing. Make the most of it and don't let opportunities pass you by, because you might never get them again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris22)
    Really couldn't have put it better myself. If you get the chance to stay in your Uni city for a few weeks after exams then do it, and do all of the things you never get around to. I remember doing as much as I could in those last few weeks that I never got around to doing. Make the most of it and don't let opportunities pass you by, because you might never get them again!
    You're right I feel I need one last blow out after University exams to really accept it's been great and be grateful for the opportunity. Haha never thought I'd be this frightened. It's bad when you now you're going miss something before it's actually gone but that shows I had a great time

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.