Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At my sixth form, access to Youtube is restricted to education videos. If I type in youtube.com it goes to Youtube's education homepage.

I use Mozilla Firefox for Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10, which operates using Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Does anyone know of any (Firefox) add-ons or ways to access Youtube normally?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You could try proxy servers. I've heard that 'hidemyass' is pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R Dragon)
    You could try proxy servers. I've heard that 'hidemyass' is pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. But I did find a site to watch cartoons on that works, so it's alright.

ReputationRep:
    You could use a proxy from hidemyass.com and configure your browsers proxy settings as the other person has mentioned however using torbrowser might be a good solution too Tor Browser is a browser similar to Firefox that routes your internet traffic through a number of computers around the world and encrypts it at each computer it passes through its surprisingly easy to use and bypasses things such as school firewalls unless the school firewall is blocking connections to the Tor Network.

To get TorBrowser go to torproject.org and download it for your platform.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    If you want quick and easy www.proxysite.com

May need to untick two of the check boxes to allow plug ins.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.