The Student Room Group

What has been your biggest fashion mistake?

for me when i was in primary school - i wore a Brazil shirt to school and people called me a traitor.

Scroll to see replies

Forgot to wear boxers once when I was in a rush ....

Spoiler

I like all black when was I a middle school student.
(edited 9 years ago)
coloured tights, i'm sure it looks good on some people with some outfits. But looking back...just no. :tongue:
Neon coloured everything in primary school. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wearing salmon-ish coloured chinos back in college (they looked like this: https://5yearproject.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/pink-chinos-charles-tyrwhitt.jpg) and sub-consciously grabbing the nearest coat when I was leaving in a rush in the morning. It was a red, bulky, winter coat, didn't dawn on me what I had done until I was on the bus because I was in such a panic for being late AGAIN :colondollar:
Original post by karmacrunch
Neon coloured everything in primary school. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My eyes!
I bought a new pair of jeans and wore them on a holiday to Italy (without bringing any other jeans because I assumed that it would be too hot). Unfortunately the top button was a bit dodgy and kept pinging off every time I put too much pressure on it. :tongue: So I spent the majority of my holiday worrying about going through customs and my jeans suddenly falling down. It wasn't even very hot that week! :tongue:
Reply 8
Used to wear liquid eye liner, thick and only on my bottom line... (used to be a goth).

Primary: Bandana as a headscarf in :facepalm:

College: dresses and maxi skirts :facepalm2:

First year of Uni: baggy hippy trousers, with dropped crotch detail :blush: what was I thinking??
Reply 9
Bikini playing beach volleyball - because of my belly.
Reply 10
I used to have a pair of jeans that cuffed at the ankles.. I can't think of them without being ashamed of myself haha
Just generally dressing like a boy in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ankle swingers in primary :sigh::sigh::sigh: (shrunken trousers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wearing only printed clothing... it just looked wrong!
Wearing a big arse square waterproof oversize red coat everywhere I went. Indoors and outdoors. In wet and hot weathers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
In the first year of college, I had this ongoing competition with my friend; each day we would try to out-weird eachother through our outfits, while still looking somewhat slutty :/ So we'd both wear fishnets, patterned tights, thigh-highs, leather, lace and velvet clothes (mainly black, as we are both into gothic fashion) with strange-looking accessories, plastic shoes, colourful hippy shirts, everything with a light hipster-retro vibe and questionably stylish. I know, I know.
Maybe it didn't look that bad, as I got quite a few compliments. The whole experience also made me more open to buying clothes in charity shops. But just the whole attention-seeking aspect makes me shiver inside when I think about it.
Reply 16
Anything that involved teeter tottering in stupidly high heels.
I went through a weird 'phase' in primary school - everything had to be some sickly sweet shade of sugar-pink/lime-green/purple/orange. I probably looked like halloween candy. Jelly sandals, suspender belts (for kids, guys - the ones that attach to your jeans)... I could go on.
Secondary school - tacky ill-fitting chavvy jeans that spelled some horrendous word across my arse in sequins, jack-up type trousers (but hey, that was school uniform. So glad I switched back to the plain QE skirt later), tinsel hair scrunchies (not just at Christmas!), baby blue EVERYTHING...
Sixth-form - black EVERYTHING. Baggy jeans that fell half-way down my arse and got trapped under my shoes everytime I walked, huge heavy Hawkshead boots that weighed a ton every time I lifted a foot off the ground like I was trying to recreate man's first step on the moon. So I shuffled! :biggrin: In my defense, that was nearly 10 years ago so...
Biggest mistake I made in the past few years was wearing my leather jacket with my wrist-warmers and APC shirts. Apparently, I was such a fright the librarian had to follow me behind a stack of books to ID me. Never happened before in all my time at uni so.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Every single item I ever bought from Tammy Girl as a child.

NOPE. JUST NOPE.
I'm 21 and I mainly dress in stupid video game t-shirts and jeans/converse...it's annoying actually, I want to dress smart and look a bit more sophsiticated and older but I'm rubbish with that stuff. I have no idea what suits me.

Quick Reply

Latest