Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What has been your biggest fashion mistake? Watch

ReputationRep:
    for me when i was in primary school - i wore a Brazil shirt to school and people called me a traitor.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to wear boxers once when I was in a rush ....

Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I like all black when was I a middle school student.

ReputationRep:
    coloured tights, i'm sure it looks good on some people with some outfits. But looking back...just no.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Neon coloured everything in primary school. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wearing salmon-ish coloured chinos back in college (they looked like this: https://5yearproject.files.wordpress...s-tyrwhitt.jpg) and sub-consciously grabbing the nearest coat when I was leaving in a rush in the morning. It was a red, bulky, winter coat, didn't dawn on me what I had done until I was on the bus because I was in such a panic for being late AGAIN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Neon coloured everything in primary school. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My eyes!

ReputationRep:
    I bought a new pair of jeans and wore them on a holiday to Italy (without bringing any other jeans because I assumed that it would be too hot). Unfortunately the top button was a bit dodgy and kept pinging off every time I put too much pressure on it. So I spent the majority of my holiday worrying about going through customs and my jeans suddenly falling down. It wasn't even very hot that week!

ReputationRep:
    Used to wear liquid eye liner, thick and only on my bottom line... (used to be a goth).

Primary: Bandana as a headscarf in :facepalm:

College: dresses and maxi skirts :facepalm2:

First year of Uni: baggy hippy trousers, with dropped crotch detail :blush: what was I thinking??

ReputationRep:
    Bikini playing beach volleyball - because of my belly.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a pair of jeans that cuffed at the ankles.. I can't think of them without being ashamed of myself haha

ReputationRep:
    Just generally dressing like a boy in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ankle swingers in primary :sigh::sigh::sigh: (shrunken trousers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wearing only printed clothing... it just looked wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Wearing a big arse square waterproof oversize red coat everywhere I went. Indoors and outdoors. In wet and hot weathers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the first year of college, I had this ongoing competition with my friend; each day we would try to out-weird eachother through our outfits, while still looking somewhat slutty :/ So we'd both wear fishnets, patterned tights, thigh-highs, leather, lace and velvet clothes (mainly black, as we are both into gothic fashion) with strange-looking accessories, plastic shoes, colourful hippy shirts, everything with a light hipster-retro vibe and questionably stylish. I know, I know.
    Maybe it didn't look that bad, as I got quite a few compliments. The whole experience also made me more open to buying clothes in charity shops. But just the whole attention-seeking aspect makes me shiver inside when I think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Anything that involved teeter tottering in stupidly high heels.

ReputationRep:
    I went through a weird 'phase' in primary school - everything had to be some sickly sweet shade of sugar-pink/lime-green/purple/orange. I probably looked like halloween candy. Jelly sandals, suspender belts (for kids, guys - the ones that attach to your jeans)... I could go on.
    Secondary school - tacky ill-fitting chavvy jeans that spelled some horrendous word across my arse in sequins, jack-up type trousers (but hey, that was school uniform. So glad I switched back to the plain QE skirt later), tinsel hair scrunchies (not just at Christmas!), baby blue EVERYTHING...
    Sixth-form - black EVERYTHING. Baggy jeans that fell half-way down my arse and got trapped under my shoes everytime I walked, huge heavy Hawkshead boots that weighed a ton every time I lifted a foot off the ground like I was trying to recreate man's first step on the moon. So I shuffled! In my defense, that was nearly 10 years ago so...
    Biggest mistake I made in the past few years was wearing my leather jacket with my wrist-warmers and APC shirts. Apparently, I was such a fright the librarian had to follow me behind a stack of books to ID me. Never happened before in all my time at uni so.

ReputationRep:
    Every single item I ever bought from Tammy Girl as a child.

NOPE. JUST NOPE.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and I mainly dress in stupid video game t-shirts and jeans/converse...it's annoying actually, I want to dress smart and look a bit more sophsiticated and older but I'm rubbish with that stuff. I have no idea what suits me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.