Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if you're an Arsene out, why?

I am, since we lost to United, and he showed little sign of changing. Granted, over the past month or so we beat City very well, West Ham, Stoke at home, etc. But then a tactically sound win at City doesn't change my mind. Only getting top four, possibly retaining the FA Cup, getting good players next season and challenging will change that.

But then for me it's about the same tactics every game, idiotic substitutions, no balls/fight in the team, ****ty defending, and frankly the same issues that have been there since Cesc was in his heyday (and incidentally I don't hate him, we turned him down and with Santi we don't need him..)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Arsenal win = Wenger is a genius, greatest manager ever
    Arsenal lose = Wenger out, he's destroying our club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    if you're an Arsene out, why?

I am, since we lost to United, and he showed little sign of changing. Granted, over the past month or so we beat City very well, West Ham, Stoke at home, etc. But then a tactically sound win at City doesn't change my mind. Only getting top four, possibly retaining the FA Cup, getting good players next season and challenging will change that.

But then for me it's about the same tactics every game, idiotic substitutions, no balls/fight in the team, ****ty defending, and frankly the same issues that have been there since Cesc was in his heyday (and incidentally I don't hate him, we turned him down and with Santi we don't need him..)
    You don't rate Cesc?

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    learn to read....

ReputationRep:
    learn to read....
    Probs should.

But as a one of the Wenger out lot, let me ask you this: do you seriously believe we can finish above the likes of Chelsea and City even if Wenger changes his tactics?

It's pretty clear Arsene has a strategy in place: he brought Ozil in; now Sanchez; Ramsey and Wilshere are long term midfield starters; Szcz will be our #1, in theory, as long as he puts an end to his nonsense and makes better decisions; OX and Gnabry are/will become hits; CC is his defensive project and imo will be our CB for a long time; et cetera.

We lack a CDM and defensive cover - with those additions, we can challenge for the title and have a decent CL run.

Your expectations may be unrealistic - most of the Wenger out mob live on Jupiter. They expect us, despite the fact that we're not bankrolled by an Arab/Russian billionaire or government to be able to compete with the likes of Real, Chelsea, PSG, City, et cetera.

Let's keep it real. We've got our house in order wrt the stadium and are in a position to attract high calibre players instead of having little or no choice but to sign the likes of Gervinho as a stop-gap. But you want to get rid of Wenger and replace him with whom exactly?

ReputationRep:
    ok...

ReputationRep:
    ok...
    Solid response, bro.

ReputationRep:
    not really bothered...

ReputationRep:
    and incidentally I don't hate him, we turned him down and with Santi we don't need him..
    Wow to say you don't need Fabregas because you have Cazorla, that's like saying you don't need Messi because you have Heskey. Fabregas is far superior and would have made you a better team.

I agree that Wenger should be sacked, Arsenal have pretty much been static for the last 10 years, usually finishing third or fourth and winning one FA cup that's not really an acceptable record for someone Arsenal fans will tell you is one of the greatest managers ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Arsene is king.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    No Arsene out today mate, we'll see about next week.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I joke of course

No but seriously, no Arsene out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.