Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to the University of Leicester, Film and Media (BA) 2015, and I was wondering what it was like for students doing the course, or those who have graduated, and I was wondering if you could tell me about your experiences

How did you find the course?

Did you feel you were well facilitated (with camera, editing software, modern computers?)

Was the course very academic? (exams and coursework based) Did you have an opportunity for any practical productions or work?

Did you take a year out for an industry placement? How was it if you did? Did you find it beneficial to helping you get your foot in the door within the prospects for working in the media or elsewhere?

How was the staff and teaching at the uni? Did you get much support in this course?

Do you find that this course (for graduates) has helped you in getting a job in a career you're interested in? Has this course help widened the chance of you living away or getting a job out of leicester?

Would you have preferred a more balanced academic/practical type of course? Would you say if you could do it again, would you have gone for a course with more of a balance between academic and practical?

This is just a little scope, please tell me anything and everything about your experience with the course at the uni!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.