Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the average living costs for studying at UEA?
    I understand food is about 20-30 pounds a week, but how much is a bus pass, laundry facilities, printing costs and the average night out?
    Also, I will be studying American Lit and Creative Writing so how much will I be spending on textbooks and required reading books, or is it pretty easy to get them from the library?
    Also, how much is it to use the gym equipment about once a week, and do non-sport societies have a membership fee? (In particular the quidditch,lgbt society, and cheerleading club)
    Are there any other costs that people forget?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura57)
    What are the average living costs for studying at UEA?
    I understand food is about 20-30 pounds a week, but how much is a bus pass, laundry facilities, printing costs and the average night out?
    Also, I will be studying American Lit and Creative Writing so how much will I be spending on textbooks and required reading books, or is it pretty easy to get them from the library?
    Also, how much is it to use the gym equipment about once a week, and do non-sport societies have a membership fee? (In particular the quidditch,lgbt society, and cheerleading club)
    Are there any other costs that people forget?

Thank you!
    Not sure how much laundry costs nowdays, a first year will have to tell you that. A bus pass is £199 for the 10months from 1st Sept-1st June or £215 for a full year- valid on any buses in Norwich. As a first year you might not need a bus pass- depends how much you go to town and who with- if you go with a lot of people it can be cheaper to get a taxi. Average night out depends where you go- on on campus then its £3.50 for a tuesday night ticket pre bought or £4.50 for a Saturday night ticket pre bought, if your living on campus or in the village no transport costs and whatever you want to spend on booze. Town is usually around £3-5 entry to clubs depending on what day and time you get there. A taxi is usually £8 before midnight or £12 if you need the big 8 seater I think it is.It's £3 to join most non sport societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Not sure how much laundry costs nowdays, a first year will have to tell you that. A bus pass is £199 for the 10months from 1st Sept-1st June or £215 for a full year- valid on any buses in Norwich. As a first year you might not need a bus pass- depends how much you go to town and who with- if you go with a lot of people it can be cheaper to get a taxi. Average night out depends where you go- on on campus then its £3.50 for a tuesday night ticket pre bought or £4.50 for a Saturday night ticket pre bought, if your living on campus or in the village no transport costs and whatever you want to spend on booze. Town is usually around £3-5 entry to clubs depending on what day and time you get there. A taxi is usually £8 before midnight or £12 if you need the big 8 seater I think it is.It's £3 to join most non sport societies
    thank you! I think I will have to get a bus pass for work in town, it's just annoying that the first months pay will be going towards transport for the year :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.