Cool-Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, mechanics 1 and the understanding of trigonometry is hard to understand, well for me it is...
In this image it states 0.5cos70 = 0.5a. I find it hard to understand how they've derived that, given sin =opp/hyp, cos = adj/hyp and tan = opp/adj. referring to the image - in trig we're taught the longest side is the hyp, and opposite the angle is opposite, and the last is obviously adjacent; understood. In order to find opposite in this diagram; surely we'd use tan=opp/adj, but this is wrong, please help me understand why?
Attached files
Cool-Light
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Oh shnap, because we're resolving downwards that's why we're trying to find the hyp!!! Damn i just figured out why. "Youu mr. Cool-light are ******ed" yes I know!
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cool-Light)
Oh shnap, because we're resolving downwards that's why we're trying to find the hyp!!! Damn i just figured out why. "Youu mr. Cool-light are ******ed" yes I know!
so glad for you because I was about to try to help you.

So I am off to bed then...
Cool-Light
Rep:
(Original post by TeeEm)
so glad for you because I was about to try to help you.

So I am off to bed then...
Okay thanks anyways! Enjoy your time of peace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads