Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did you break up with your most recent partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And how long was the relationship for?

ReputationRep:
    14 months, he broke up with me as he felt guilty for shagging a girl whilst he was on a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    A few months. I was moving, he wanted me to stay.

ReputationRep:
    8 months, he was busy a lot and we weren't seeing each other as much as I'd have liked. He decided it wasn't fair on me to carry on so he ended it.

ReputationRep:
    Seven months, didn't feel strongly enough about her.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    About 5 months, she dumped me because she thought I was cheating when I wasn't, her idea of cheating was even if I was just talking to another girl as just friends.

ReputationRep:
    2 years and 9 months. He was cheating on me for months behind my back and then he dumped me to be with her.

ReputationRep:
    3 years, kept getting viruses and just generally not working. I do miss that laptop

ReputationRep:
    We were together for 9 months.

He was pleasant enough but a bit of a sulker and SO. BORING.

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: gif blankblank.gif (495.5 KB)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    6 months. She was emotionally manipulative to the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a relationship, sort of casual. 8 months on and off? And he was abroad for some of that time. He didn't want a relationship, just physical. So I walked.

ReputationRep:
    Text them nothing but the word 'Nice' for roughly two weeks, regardless of the content of their messages and replies.
    You should be dumped in no time, with a first class ticket to SinglesVilles

ReputationRep:
    Around 2-3 weeks. And he was talking to his ex behind my back saying how much he misses her and didn't like the way a friend of mine (who I've known for 5 years) was talking to me. He sent me anonymous messages pretending to be someone else saying how much I like the friend and how I should dump him. He'd also ditch me constantly for all his other female friends but get very paranoid if I wanted to go out with a friend and her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I was with my last ex for over a year. While we were together there were a lot of messages I found that implied he was cheating but according to him they were only messages and nothing meant by them. I also had his ex telling me they got together etc and he admitted he went to see her but she made up more due to being jealous. No proof of who was telling the truth and I stayed in hope that he was truthful and it would stop.
    When more cheating rumours came about we took a bit of a break. We were on the edge of being together again though. He was calling me that he loved me etc
    At the same time as texting or leaving rooms to call me, he was with another girl and unfortunately for him his friend accidentally put it out on Facebook. I was immediately deleted but I saw it. I left immediately and I believe that all those rumours I had heard but had no proof of were true.
    A horrible liar I would never want to run into again. I got very depressed in that relationship. My life has taken such a good turn since I've been free of him.

ReputationRep:
    About a year (although had previous relationships before)

Because of TSR, well actually someone on TSR

ReputationRep:
    8 months. Wouldn't say he was my partner, didn't necessarily break up with him more of let him go. Right knob he was.

ReputationRep:
    Broke up with him the day before our year anniversary. He wasn't strong enough to handle me.

ReputationRep:
    8 years and four months. He was a compulsive liar, I ended up realising that he wouldn't change and that I didn't want to be married to him.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    over a year ago

She cheated while i was on holiday

we had only been together for 2 weeks

I knew i shouldnt have got with her but when youre on skype and being asked out you kinda get butterflies and ignore she is known for sleeping around

Lesson learned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    About a year (although had previous relationships before)

Because of TSR, well actually someone on TSR
    you met someone better on TSR?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.