The Student Room Group

Controller for PC gaming?

My friend got me some Assassin's Creed package for PC and I tried playing with keyboard and mouse, but the free-runs started to get a little annoying and frustrating tbh. I'm not really good with opinions in controllers for PC.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Original post by Alsklinq
My friend got me some Assassin's Creed package for PC and I tried playing with keyboard and mouse, but the free-runs started to get a little annoying and frustrating tbh. I'm not really good with opinions in controllers for PC.

I use a Xbox One controller for pc, it does the job for most games but mouse and keyboard is the way to go if you can get used to it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ElSpencerano
I use a Xbox One controller for pc, it does the job for most games but mouse and keyboard is the way to go if you can get used to it :smile:

That was my first choice but I wasn't too sure about it. And yeah, I'm all about the keyboard/mouse life but AC has me on my knees atm haha. Cheerios! :wink:

Thought about changing the keyboard buttons functions?
Reply 4
Original post by Iqbal007
Thought about changing the keyboard buttons functions?

Yeah, I'm comfortable with the normal key settings. I just find it a little frustrating to control the free runs.
Yeah, I'm comfortable with the normal key settings. I just find it a little frustrating to control the free runs.

Definitely consider one of those mouses with the side buttons as alternative an methods
Reply 6
Oh really, I'll probably look into that too then, thanks!
I use a 360 pad. Would probably got for an Xbox One pad if it were wireless.
A 360 or an Xbox one pad will serve you well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
yh bro use an xbox one controller / day iz comfy
There's a bit of software called DS4Windows whihc lets you use a PS4 control, so I do that. Otherwise I'd just recommend a 360 control, really cheap nowadays
I use a PS3 Pad
Reply 12
360 pad is definitely better than KB+M for Assassin's Creed / all other UBIsoft games

Quick Reply

Latest