Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    HI there,
    I currently live in Wales (Aberystwyth) and will be moving back to London in June full-time as I have applied for University there (I have an unconditional).

    My issue is that it will take a long time for my SF to be transferred from Wales to England, and possibly delay my money when I will need it for rent etc. When I spoke on the phone to SF Wales (for a current, part-time, grant) they told me 2 options:

    * Deal with the delay
    * Use a correspondence address in London I.E my mother's flat.

    I am veering more towards the latter as it will be very straightforward moving address from there. However, I have heard that your SF is affected if you live at home (my mother's income is V low). Will this be rectified once I move out?

    I am just a bit stressed as it will be hard to afford rent if they mess my SF up! My partner has had MASSIVE issues with his, even though he sent in ALL his required information way before the deadline.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.