Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend visited Nottingham over the break and the representative/tour guide told her that they are lowering their offers for international students so that they can have a more diverse student body.
    Well, this appears to be true as my Nottingham offer is 32 IB points with 665 in HL (the standard as stated on the website is 34 with 666 in HL)

Also, I just received an email saying that a representative is coming to visit my country in Februrary, and that I could book a meeting anytime from 9-12PM in this hotel. But the thing is, it's on a Thursday and I have school so obviously I can't make it.

So, is Nottingham desperate for international students? Because I was under the impression that Nottingham is a diverse and excellent university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkberries)
    So, is Nottingham desperate for international students? Because I was under the impression that Nottingham is a diverse and excellent university.
    Th university is not desperate for international students, on the contrary, compared to many universities we do already have a large proportion of international students. Recently we've also been rated one of the best in the country for international students. I think the university wants to maintain this status and so would like to encourage international students to choose Nottingham. There is always the point that international students mean more money for the university but having two international campuses and excellent foreign links with universities, Nottingham has a very diverse student community.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.