Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I am a first year Media Prod. student at DeMontfort Uni, and really not enjoying my course. I have been considering dropping out and pursuing a different career, specifically engineering, but to do so id require to study at college for 2 years, making me 23 when I finally go to Uni. I do not know what to do!

    Drop out and learn electronics as the expense of studying for 2 more years of my life and restarting University?

    Or should I stick with my course regretting the fact I didn't move out of home and not really enjoying what we learn?

    Ive made bad decisions all my life so I would greatly appreciate someone speaking from experience


    There's nothing wrong with being 23 and going to university. I'm 27 and will be starting another degree in September - I qualified as an art teacher in 2010 and didn't enjoy it particularly, so went into science instead.

    I'm actually back with the parents too - it's awkward but the most affordable option until I leave again.

    I don't think it's worth finishing a course that only seems to make you miserable. Does your current course have anything that can be transferred over?
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.