Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So if anyone stumbles along my grades blog this is it...

So my mock grades were...
    Biology - D
    Chemistry - C
    General studies - B
    History - C
    maths - B
    now in the summer im really aiming for all A's with a B in history (I'd be happy with that really)
    My mocks were taken the first week of January and it was AS (im in year 12)!.
    Basically im going to use this to note down everything im doing including homework revision past papers and a note of the grades I get so if you wanna know you can!😆😆

Anyway got a unit 2 chemistry homework back today, got an A which my teacher described as ACE!! 🎉🎉

Also this is how my timetable looks...
    Monday-historyx2 chem maths bio
    Tuesday-maths chem history EPQ lesson
    Wednesday-general studies chem bio 2xfree
    Thursday-chem biox2 history maths
    Friday-history mathsx2 chem bio

[SIZE]URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL][/SIZE]
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by frances98)
    Firstly I'll send a pm with my grades before posting the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome - it's great that you've entered, and I look forward to following your blog - if you need help at any time, the Study Help team are here for you!

Puddles will post soon once she's verified your grades!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that frances98's grades have been verified!

ReputationRep:
    In the next few days (possibly tomorrow morning) im going to make a proper revision timetable to last until about easter time before I change it to make sessions longer and whatnot

Done✔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    65/70 jan 2010 chem1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C2 integration revision done for test tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Integration test went well but I suppose I won't really know till I get my test back!
    Have done another unit 1 bio paper (june 2011) in which I got 41/60 B 🌟💫🌟✴ and made all corrections and read the examiners report after on the questions I went wrong in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want an A overall in A2, try and score extremely high on the unit 1 papers, they are essentially GCSE papers anyhow.

CHEM 4 is horrible and CHEM 3 isn't much better xD

Aim for 90+ on the 1 papers, sadly i didnt get that on Chem 1 so im going to struggle to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow636)
    If you want an A overall in A2, try and score extremely high on the unit 1 papers, they are essentially GCSE papers anyhow.

CHEM 4 is horrible and CHEM 3 isn't much better xD

Aim for 90+ on the 1 papers, sadly i didnt get that on Chem 1 so im going to struggle to get an A
    Yeah I know! I did all round pretty bad in my mocks but that seems to have motivated me to work harder. If you could would you be able to explain the q=mcdeltat calculation as my teacher has taught it in a way I didn't understand. Essentially we just had to teach ourselves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sure,

q=mcΔT is as follows:

q = enthalpy change, the change of heat
    m = mass of water (g)
    c = specific heat capacity, always given or is 4.2 or 4.18 for water.
    T = change in temperature in kelvin (+273 to degrees Celsius)

So for example

if 0.32g (0.01mol) of methanol was burned, and temp of 200g of water rose by 4k, it would be

q = 200 (mass of water) * 4.2 (given as m) *4 (change in temp)

=3360J for the 0.01 moles

if you are given 2 masses and they are pour into each other, the mass of the water is the addition of the two.
    50ml of HCL was add to 50ml of NaOH, the mass would be 100ml, whilest if 0.5g of zinc was added to 100ml of NaOH then the mass would still be 100ml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow636)
    Sure,

q=mcΔT is as follows:

q = enthalpy change, the change of heat
    m = mass of water (g)
    c = specific heat capacity, always given or is 4.2 or 4.18 for water.
    T = change in temperature in kelvin (+273 to degrees Celsius)

So for example

if 0.32g (0.01mol) of methanol was burned, and temp of 200g of water rose by 4k, it would be

q = 200 (mass of water) * 4.2 (given as m) *4 (change in temp)

=3360J for the 0.01 moles

if you are given 2 masses and they are pour into each other, the mass of the water is the addition of the two.
    50ml of HCL was add to 50ml of NaOH, the mass would be 100ml, whilest if 0.5g of zinc was added to 100ml of NaOH then the mass would still be 100ml.
    Thanks! Im trying to actually understand it not just learn it and it's proving a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chem1 paper completed 52/70 B 77UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.