Hi! So in my first year I thought about dropping out, but I decided to stick with it and continue to second year. This is the second year of a four year Scottish degree. I've come to the second semester of my second year and realised that I would like to leave this university and move to another due to dissatisfaction with my university and also mental health and stress problems; I have already mostly finished my UCAS application and it will be sent off next week (although I am aware I am slightly late in doing this).
I am also aware that because I have used up 2 years of student finance, I only have 2 left, meaning I would have to provide for first year of my new course myself. My plan is to wait until I hear back from the university I have applied to so that I know for sure whether I got in. After that I am not sure though. If I receive news that I do have a place, should I continue with this semester or drop out straight away? Which of these two options would have more consequences financially?
Any help would be appreciated!
What should I do?