The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by YulianaRus
Kings is being creepy. I saw an "updated" sign on my app lately but when I checked, nothing was different there. It was all the same. And last night I received an email saying I need to check my tracker, but again, nothing changed. Should I send them an email asking what exactly they were trying to tell me? :confused:

Have you already been accepted? Is it the first time it has been updated?

Mine was updated a first time to tell that my transcripts were accepted, and a second time for my offer, but my proposal is still "not yet reviewed". :biggrin: So it looks that they have some problems with it.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Josb

Mine was updated a first time to tell that my transcripts were accepted, and a second time for my offer, but my proposal is still "not yet reviewed". :biggrin: So it looks that they have some problems with it.

No, it is not the first time, I already received such emails but at that time it was an actual update, they changed the status of my documents to "accepted" and once it was a message from admissions team. This time, however, nothing on the app changed, I checked all the pages. Maybe there is just something wrong with the system :s-smilie:
Reply 102
I have accepted my offer to study Medical Ethics and Law in September 2015.
I now feel much lighter.
Hi everyone,

I just submitted my application to KCL's MA in Terrorism, Security and Society. Still waiting for my references to be submitted. I feel as though I've applied way too late (especially if my references aren't submitted soon)! Thoughts?
Original post by coldcanadian
Hi everyone,

I just submitted my application to KCL's MA in Terrorism, Security and Society. Still waiting for my references to be submitted. I feel as though I've applied way too late (especially if my references aren't submitted soon)! Thoughts?

Do not worry too much about it! I talked to International Officer for Russia this weekend and she said "it`s still early in admission process" so you should be fine! :wink:
Do not worry too much about it! I talked to International Officer for Russia this weekend and she said "it`s still early in admission process" so you should be fine! :wink:

Thank you! :smile: That makes me feel a bit better to hear. What are you applying for? (Sorry if you've already said in this thread - I'm new to the forum and I am just figuring it out!)
Original post by coldcanadian
Thank you! :smile: That makes me feel a bit better to hear. What are you applying for? (Sorry if you've already said in this thread - I'm new to the forum and I am just figuring it out!)

MSc China and Globalization. I applied 4 weeks ago, so hope to get some kind of a reply soon :biggrin:
Reply 107
Original post by Josb

I don't think you should necessarily assume that there is something wrong with your research proposal. If you have an offer, I imagine you have been in e-mail contact with your potential supervisor, who has probably approved your project. I think the above is just an admin blip. I had a similar thing when I applied last year for a Phd. Once you start, you'll find your original proposal is only a starting point.
Reply 108
Original post by Am/pm
I don't think you should necessarily assume that there is something wrong with your research proposal. If you have an offer, I imagine you have been in e-mail contact with your potential supervisor, who has probably approved your project. I think the above is just an admin blip. I had a similar thing when I applied last year for a Phd. Once you start, you'll find your original proposal is only a starting point.

Yes, I have also suspected an "admin blip"". :biggrin:
Any Science and Security MA applicant/offer holders out there? Application was in by the end of November and still no news. Been going back and forth with the admission officer requesting more documents for the past months but she has suddenly stopped replying the last 2 weeks. Perhaps something to be concerned about?
Original post by B*Witched
Anyone out there? Make yourselves known!

Geography BSc Offer holder and confirmed as first choice !:smile:
Original post by sophiac1
Any Science and Security MA applicant/offer holders out there? Application was in by the end of November and still no news. Been going back and forth with the admission officer requesting more documents for the past months but she has suddenly stopped replying the last 2 weeks. Perhaps something to be concerned about?

Not an applicant, currently doing my MSc at KCL. I wouldn't be worried, probably they have everything they need now and are reviewing your application. If you're really worried/just for peace of mind, you can email them through the portal. Also, if you know who the program leader is you can email them. The email format is usually: [email protected] So for example: [email protected]
Original post by santi_92
Not an applicant, currently doing my MSc at KCL. I wouldn't be worried, probably they have everything they need now and are reviewing your application. If you're really worried/just for peace of mind, you can email them through the portal. Also, if you know who the program leader is you can email them. The email format is usually: [email protected] So for example: [email protected]

Hey! That's interesting. I could try but do you reckon that the course leader would be anymore aware of the decision? I have tried emailing via the portal but to no avail - it has been 2 weeks. Thank you for weighing in though!

What are you majoring in?
Well there's the point that postgrad courses tend to be significantly smaller in size than undergrad courses, so the program leaders are more likely to be aware of who you are. Hell mine walked up to me at orientation and knew exactly who I was. Hell if I know how lol. They also directly assess your application. When I applied, the program leader emailed me introducing himself and telling me that he was recommending I be made an offer. So I think program leaders are majorly involved in that process.

Currently doing MSc Neuroscience. Happy to answer any questions I can :smile:
Original post by santi_92
Well there's the point that postgrad courses tend to be significantly smaller in size than undergrad courses, so the program leaders are more likely to be aware of who you are. Hell mine walked up to me at orientation and knew exactly who I was. Hell if I know how lol. They also directly assess your application. When I applied, the program leader emailed me introducing himself and telling me that he was recommending I be made an offer. So I think program leaders are majorly involved in that process.

Currently doing MSc Neuroscience. Happy to answer any questions I can :smile:

Wow, you are probably just one of a kind!

Thanks for your advice. I have in fact just sent the course leader an email - fingers crossed for a response soon! Seriously dislike the wait...
Original post by sophiac1
Wow, you are probably just one of a kind!

Thanks for your advice. I have in fact just sent the course leader an email - fingers crossed for a response soon! Seriously dislike the wait...

Haha I wish I was! Good luck, I hope you get a response soon!

Enjoy the wait. Once the course starts you'll wish you could go back haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My personal statement/references have changed to 'Suitable to proceed for assessment'... Finally! Does anyone have any idea how long they may take to make a decision after this?
Original post by natcagLLB
My personal statement/references have changed to 'Suitable to proceed for assessment'... Finally! Does anyone have any idea how long they may take to make a decision after this?

Mine changed four weeks ago and I haven't heard the decision yet. Maybe that depends on the Department though.
Mine changed four weeks ago and I haven't heard the decision yet. Maybe that depends on the Department though.

Ah no. I've applied to the MA Medical Law and Ethics programme. What about you?
Reply 119
Original post by natcagLLB

For me it's written:
Transcripts: "Document is OK"
Research proposal: "Not yet reviewed"
References: "Reference format OK for assessment"

I already have an offer for my PhD so the page is probably not updated as soon as the department takes its decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest