Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When I went to uni I expected it would take a bit of time to settle in and to help me I got involved and made a good group of friends. I am doing the course of my dreams at the closest university to my house that does it (1 hour away). But after about 8 weeks of enjoying my course, accommodation and spending time with my friends. I still was really struggling with being away from home so I went to see the university councillor who recommended I tried not going home as frequently. I lasted about 3 weeks but then my mum had to pick me up at the end of term because I became very stressed and ill. Over Christmas I was like a different person and I was really happy and I had talked myself into how going back to university wouldn’t be that bad and was a bit excited to get back to my friends. But the second I walked into my bedroom at halls I instantly began to panic and wanted to be sick. Since then I have hardly eaten and really struggled to revise for my exams. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to help me feel less overwhelmed and anxious.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you seen your councillor again? That might be a good first step; update them with what you have said above. You should definitely reach out for help from your Uni if you are struggling.

Take things one day (or one hour) at a time.

Hope that helps even a little.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.