Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are women's views with their husbands cheating with younger girls, e.g those men who are in their 50's what do their wives expect them to do if a student/early 20's girl hits on him he's obvs gonna have sex they are prettier and fresher. I mean if it's ONS, e.g I always see people who I know with wives and sometimes even children that are grown up and married and they'll be in clubs and will hit on 19/20 year olds and will go and have sex with them surely the wife can't blame him and she would do the same if a hot young guy hit on her as well so would you leave you husband if he cheated on you once with a girl about 30 years younger, I mean if it's just sex not an afdair

Would 100% leave if I was cheated on. No doubt in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylouisenic)
    Even if you were say 55-60 and your husband cheated with a 18-25 year old because she can give him what you can't but he doesn't love her

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawFromSci)
    Even if you were say 55-60 and your husband cheated with a 18-25 year old because she can give him what you can't but he doesn't love her
    But if he loved his wife, he wouldn't cheat. Loads of people can offer something that your partner can't (money, sex, etc) but you're with them because you love them.

So long as you're happy with them, you shouldn't cheat and if you aren't happy, then leave or work it out.

No excuse for cheating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc20)
    Even if it was just once with some hot student girl and he didn't lover her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JokerGirl)
    But if he loved his wife, he wouldn't cheat. Loads of people can offer something that your partner can't (money, sex, etc) but you're with them because you love them.

So long as you're happy with them, you shouldn't cheat and if you aren't happy, then leave or work it out.

No excuse for cheating
    Ok i see it a lot at university when in clubs these people I know have sex with students and their wives know and don't care because they are old and the sex isn't as good

ReputationRep:
    Ok i see it a lot at university when in clubs these people I know have sex with students and their wives know and don't care because they are old and the sex isn't as good
    If they're not happy they should leave, unless they've discussed it with their partner and they're cool with it,

Just because the sex ins't good is no excuse to leave. You can't have the best of both worlds, either you love the person you're with and respect them enough not to cheat or you don't and you should leave.

But this goes for anyone regardless of gender and it's just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawfromsci)
    what are women's views with their husbands cheating with younger girls, e.g those men who are in their 50's what do their wives expect them to do if a student/early 20's girl hits on him he's obvs gonna have sex they are prettier and fresher. I mean if it's ons, e.g i always see people who i know with wives and sometimes even children that are grown up and married and they'll be in clubs and will hit on 19/20 year olds and will go and have sex with them surely the wife can't blame him and she would do the same if a hot young guy hit on her as well so would you leave you husband if he cheated on you once with a girl about 30 years younger, i mean if it's just sex not an afdair
    wahidur my mate cheated on his wife and went for a girl called chinky?????:s:s:s:s:s:s:s stupid guy!!!!!!!!!!!

No cos if you really love someone you would never cheat on them.

Plus, I plan on still having sex in my 50s/60s/till the day I die - so lack of sex would be no excuse. Not that it's an excuse to cheat anyway.

If you're in a marriage and you're unhappy due to lack of sex/other issues then LEAVE or FIX IT - no matter what age you are.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if he was honest about it and his reasons behind it. I don't believe that people can only love one person... say it had got to the point that we still loved one another, we loved being together as a couple but we didn't LUST for each other then I'd be fine if he wanted to look for something extra elsewhere.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by jc20)
    You wouldn't be saying that when you are older, your looks have diminished and you know your options are limited because you have seen your divorced female friends struggle to get a new man and you notice men don't ogle you that much anymore.

ReputationRep:
    How any of you can justify cheating for "a hot student girl" in a marriage where you both make vows is beyond me. It's wrong, no excuses.

ReputationRep:
    No cos if you really love someone you would never cheat on them.

Plus, I plan on still having sex in my 50s/60s/till the day I die - so lack of sex would be no excuse. Not that it's an excuse to cheat anyway.

If you're in a marriage and you're unhappy due to lack of sex/other issues then LEAVE or FIX IT - no matter what age you are.
    Sex is not about love, sex is about attraction.

(Original post by LutherVan)
    You wouldn't be saying that when you are older, your looks have diminished and you know your options are limited because you have seen your divorced female friends struggle to get a new man and you notice men don't ogle you that much anymore.
    Lol. Having a man doesn't equal happiness. I'd rather be on my own than with a 'husband' who feels the need to sleep with younger women.

Trust me, as long as I have my family and my health, a cheating husband can go and do one. :wavey:

Sex is not about love, sex is about attraction.
    The question is regarding cheating during marriage. Marriage is based on faithfulness, loyalty, and love (amongst other things). If someone is unfaithful, they are invalidating the marriage.

If they are no longer sexually attracted to me and no longer want to be part of the marriage, they are welcome to leave.

edit: if you really loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them, because it would hurt them and their feelings - something which, if you loved them, you would care about. If you wanna have sex with someone else, LEAVE or discuss an open relationship. Don't understand the need for dishonesty and betrayal.

Lol. Having a man doesn't equal happiness. I'd rather be on my own than with a 'husband' who feels the need to sleep with younger women.

Trust me, as long as I have my family and my health, a cheating husband can go and do one. :wavey:
    Having a man is happiness for most women.

Women tend to always want to couple up because they don't like being on their own and they love (some would even say "need") complements and affection.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Having a man is happiness for most women.

Women tend to always want to couple up because they don't like being on their own and they love (some would even say "need") complements and affection.
    Well, clearly for me that is not the case. Obviously, there are plenty of women who stay in marriages where their husband is cheating, but I would not be one of those.

ReputationRep:
    The question is regarding cheating during marriage. Marriage is based on faithfulness, loyalty, and love (amongst other things). If someone is unfaithful, they are invalidating the marriage.

If they are no longer sexually attracted to me and no longer want to be part of the marriage, they are welcome to leave.

edit: if you really loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them, because it would hurt them and their feelings - something which, if you loved them, you would care about. If you wanna have sex with someone else, LEAVE or discuss an open relationship. Don't understand the need for dishonesty and betrayal.
    Saying you want to leave them and have sex with someone else would also hurt them and their feelings.

They would probably cry, beg and try emotional blackmail to make you feel guilty.

If you go ahead and ignore all these, they might even be bitter and vengeful.

So I don't see it as a realistic approach/solution.

I think if you want to do it, doing it behind their backs is better and more pragmatic. What they don't know wouldn't hurt them. Ignorance is bliss.

Saying you want to leave them and have sex with someone else would also hurt them and their feelings.

They would probably cry, beg and try emotional blackmail to make you feel guilty.

If you go ahead and ignore all these, they might even be bitter and vengeful.

So I don't see it as a realistic approach/solution.

I think if you want to do it, doing it behind their backs is better and more pragmatic. What they don't know wouldn't hurt them. Ignorance is bliss.
    You don't have a very positive opinion of women do you lol. Honestly, I would rather be hurt by the truth than be deceived. 100%.
    The truth always comes out in the end, and if I really loved my husband, I'd want him to be happy too, even if it means he's not with me.

Any decent person would appreciate the honesty, even if it did break their heart. I would never beg/emotionally blackmail someone to be with me because I know they'd never be truly happy and knowing that, neither would I.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.