Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wanting to get into reading comics but not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have wanted to start reading comics for some time. But the huge range makes it difficult to decide on which one to choose. I like a lot of superheroes which makes it even harder to pick. Can anyone suggest a series to introduce me into the world of comics? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Moonlight)
    I have wanted to start reading graphic novels for some time. But the huge range makes it difficult to decide on which one to choose. I like a lot of superheroes which makes it even harder to pick. Can anyone suggest a series to introduce me into the world of graphic novels? :unsure:
    FTFY.

I'm not a massive graphic novels person, but I'd suggest going in to a store and having a look at the different art styles and seeing if anything catches your eye. Graphic novels aren't just hero stories either. You can have weird and wonderful, dark and gritty, happy go lucky and outright bizarre.

Shameless plugging of a mate's store: http://www.destinationvenus.co.uk/

You can always ask Jack (the guy who owns the place above) what he'd recommend based on your tastes too. He'll happily help! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    FTFY.

I'm not a massive graphic novels person, but I'd suggest going in to a store and having a look at the different art styles and seeing if anything catches your eye. Graphic novels aren't just hero stories either. You can have weird and wonderful, dark and gritty, happy go lucky and outright bizarre.

Shameless plugging of a mate's store: http://www.destinationvenus.co.uk/

You can always ask Jack (the guy who owns the place above) what he'd recommend based on your tastes too. He'll happily help! :yep:
    I get a warning when I put a link to somewhere that sells stuff, lol!

I have only tried the The Walking Dead ones so far, and find them to be really quite enjoyable (if you like that kind of thing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I get a warning when I put a link to somewhere that sells stuff, lol!

I have only tried the The Walking Dead ones so far, and find them to be really quite enjoyable (if you like that kind of thing).
    If another mod wants to remove it, then fair play. I wouldn't have linked that if I didn't know that the guy who owns that store would be able to help (and also would help) the OP find something good for her. After all, a store owner is probably going to know a damn sight more than the rest of us! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    le Watchmen

le Walking Dead

le V for le Vendetta

le Crisis on l'Infinite Earths

le Sin City

le Dark Knight Returns

le Batman: The Long Halloween

l'Avengers: Age of Ultron

This be the mainstream, are you looking for some indie?

Alice in Sunderland

Persepolis

Maus

I will come back to you

good comics?

DC: 52

All the original marvel run (Silver Age) esp. Amazing Spider Man/Uncanny X-Men #1-200 tbqh

Ultimate Marvel Universe

I like Fables tbf

People rave a bit about dat dere Adventure Time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.