Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm someone who is fascinated by media representations of healthcare and the repercussions that it has on public opinion. The Daily Mail, amongst others, is a particularly loud voice regarding healthcare issues.

An article published about the CriSTAL tool today caught my attention:

Now, in isolation, the article itself is actually rather neutral and touches on the reasons why such a tool would be helpful. But, within the wider Daily Mail context, it is an article that shares the limelight with other defamatory and poorly written stories regarding the Liverpool Care Pathway. So venomous and misrepresentative were the LCP articles that there is a residual bitterness and skepticism regarding end-of-life care which has clearly leached over into the public perception of the CriSTAL tool.

So my question are these: What are your feelings regarding this tool after reading the article? How accurate do you think their description of the tool is?

What are your thoughts regarding end-of-life care and what is your perception of the Liverpool Care Pathway? How confident do you feel about these perceptions?

TSR is generally full of well educated and thoughtful people so I would be intrigued to see how your views differ from the Daily Mail reader population.

(Original post by Etomidate)
    Moved to chat
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.