Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm going to uni in September of this year and one of my biggest fears is about my flatmates I'll be put with. Has anyone ever experienced not getting on with their flatmates? What do you do? What if you're put with people you just don't click with? Any advice?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmjordan)
    Hi everyone, I'm going to uni in September of this year and one of my biggest fears is about my flatmates I'll be put with. Has anyone ever experienced not getting on with their flatmates? What do you do? What if you're put with people you just don't click with? Any advice?
    Thank you!
    I do think there is a difference between people you don't click with, and people you really don't get on with. It's usual not necessarily to be best friends with your flat mates, but so long as you can be friendly and polite, you can still have a good experience in halls.

However, if you end up in a situation where you really don't get on with any of your flatmates, you can ask to move. Other people may want to swap, and people drop out, so there is the chance to move flats, normally by the end of your first term. However, this is a last resort, and most people don't bother moving flats, as they get on with their flatmates ok even if they don't have much in common.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.