Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone

I applied for an ODP (Operating Department Practice) course at Huddersfield and Hull University. I've just got an email inviting me for an interview at Huddersfield University. I have already researched about the role of ODP and what skills they require. The interview will also include group activities and a group discussion which will last for 4 hours (unbelievable) and I'm not sure if i will do well in a group activity, could someone please provide me an insight into what the group activity will include? I'm assuming they will probably give us an scenario to discuss as a group.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for unis for ODP too, I haven't to applied to Huddersfield but I have read a bit about a group interviews in a nursing and midwifery book! They can range anywhere from a group discussion over a current NHS issue, scenario or article to a group activity building a literal bridge!! The book just said to make sure that you stand out. Try and take the lead now and again if you can but make sure to listen to others and check that everyone is involved - it could be tempting to let people that are quiet stay quiet and draw attention to yourself but encouraging them to join the group activity is much more impressive.
    Just be smiley and friendly. As long as you get involved you'll do great! Sorry I can't be more specific for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love4All)
    Hey Everyone

I applied for an ODP (Operating Department Practice) course at Huddersfield and Hull University. I've just got an email inviting me for an interview at Huddersfield University. I have already researched about the role of ODP and what skills they require. The interview will also include group activities and a group discussion which will last for 4 hours (unbelievable) and I'm not sure if i will do well in a group activity, could someone please provide me an insight into what the group activity will include? I'm assuming they will probably give us an scenario to discuss as a group.

Thank you
    I had my interview last year (it was for the foundation year leading on to ODP - so if you get offered a place I'll see you there!) and the 4 hours wasn't solid interviews. We had a presentation given about the course and then document checks. We got a bit of time to chat amonst our selfs. The group interview bit was a discussion on a scenario - how would you deal with it - quite simple, just make sure you get involved. And ask questions to your group too. The one on one bit was nice and friendly too. So it's really chilled out so don't worry too much about it. xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.